ATX Community

It's Amazing Some Clients' Capacity for Imagination

FDNY

Needed to share this because in an empty office no one can hear me scream.   Longtime SE Speech Pathologist client who every year tries to pull something.  This year she has listed "Trainings," with about 20 $150 charges for classes.  So the suspicious deductive mind I have  (I watch reruns of Murder She Wrote and Columbo), I asked to see a statement.  It's from an art school.  Asking how this applied to speech pathology she says she has to draw words.  What?   You draw words?  Sorry.  Then she gets mad and says who am to decide, what's the big deal, then continues to give me a hard time.  Last year it was vitamins, the year before I think it was her Dunkin Donuts coffee habit.  I didn't tell her she was just running up her bill with me.  Maybe I should take a class in painting by numbers and claim it as CPEs.

Borrowing from the Moody Blues...."But we decide which is right, And, which is an illusion."

I hope you're all having a nice day.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, FDNY said:

Needed to share this because in an empty office no one can hear me scream.   Longtime SE Speech Pathologist client who every year tries to pull something.  This year she has listed "Trainings," with about 20 $150 charges for classes.  So the suspicious deductive mind I have  (I watch reruns of Murder She Wrote and Columbo), I asked to see a statement.  It's from an art school.  Asking how this applied to speech pathology she says she has to draw words.  What?   You draw words?  Sorry.  Then she gets mad and says who am to decide, what's the big deal, then continues to give me a hard time.  Last year it was vitamins, the year before I think it was her Dunkin Donuts coffee habit.  I didn't tell her she was just running up her bill with me.  Maybe I should take a class in painting by numbers and claim it as CPEs.

Borrowing from the Moody Blues...."But we decide which is right, And, which is an illusion."

I hope you're all having a nice day.

I see an increased income opportunity...

• Like 3

I have a client that repairs boats and motors.  He tried to deduct expenses for a trip to Gatlinburg, TN as a business expenses.  He said he left business cards at some of the businesses there.  I guess some people would travel 300 miles to have their boat repaired.  I remember some restaurants there had business cards displayed at the cashier's counter but didn't notice the locations of the business.  It may be that each card represented someone that claimed business expense for their trip to Gatlinburg.  I didn't think to leave my card there.  Oh well, maybe next time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1