ATX Community

N/T - a new client, a new friend

jklcpa

New couple came in today to pickup their finished returns and I noticed that the woman had tears in her eyes as she sat down.  So I thought, gee, this return isn't anything to be emotional over, but whatever.  The first thing the woman asked was where I got my beaded necklace and said it was one of her mother's.  It turned out that her mother used to make original bead and stonework pieces and did restringing repairs also. This woman's mother made the necklace that was of her own original design about 30 years ago when I purchased it and the matching earrings.  I then told *my* mom this story and she was with me that day and remembers the purchase too! 

It is the oddest thing that I chose this exact day because I haven't worn it in about 20 years, and this morning I felt compelled to wear the piece with a particular sweater I had in mind, and not a new sweater either.  These were happy tears for this woman and made her day knowing that mom's work is still out there for others to enjoy. It's an interesting business we are in, and one never knows who will walk through our office door and into our lives.  Whatever the reason for this, I have a happy client and a new friend.   

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  :)

• Like 19