ATX Community

Welcome ATXers

Eric

Hello, and welcome to The (unofficial) ATX Community.

This message board is maintained/moderated by ATXers for ATXers, and is not affiliated with ATX/Kleinrock or CCH in any way. It was created to replace the community that was removed from the ATX website on Friday, April 6, 2007.

Where we may lack the presence of some insightful ATX employees, we can make up with an emphasis on community cooperation and support, and a free exchange of knowledge and ideas.

This community is not a place for CCH bashing. There's nothing wrong with calm and constructive debate, but flame wars are counter-productive and will not be tolerated. If attacking CCH is all you're interested in, please take it somewhere else.

If you have any suggestions for this site, please post them in the Website Discussion forum. I'll do whatever I can to help this community grow and thrive as the original had.

Not a problem. It is a waste of time to bash CCH. You vote with your pocketbook and the next time I have a billing from CCH at work I will take the tax research to RIA. That is $ 10,000 they will not get again. I will probably use ATX again as I like the software and it has really gotten much better in the last two years. That is unless they drop it and then I will go elsewhere.

Thank you so much for starting this new ATX community! I have placed a gold star beside your name!

You're welcome. And thank you... as the husband of a kindergarten teacher, I fully appreciate the significance of the gold star, haha

this is an awesum undertaking this time of the season, is there a way we can help, moneterily or otherwise?

There was some initial expense at getting the software and hosting for the site set up. There will be further expense to pay for monthly bandwidth bills, but it's not something I'm too worried about at this point. If the forum grows and starts getting lots of traffic, I may put a paypal donate button somewhere on the page, or add some small unintrusive (Google?) ads to help pay the bills.

This is truly wonderful!! I feel like we have a home again. Where we can relax and exchange helpful tips about ATX!

Thank you, Thank you. It's nice to feel wanted again.

I look forward to checking in most days, commenting when I feel I can be of help. And enjoying the humor... we all need a bit of that

I appreciate the tone of this board. Let's keep it up-beat, not be critical of each other. We all need some help and patience.. some days more than others.

Thanks again,

Taxtrio in Michigan :D

I wish there were an easy way to get word to all of the ATXers out there who are looking for a new message board to call home. We need to find all that we can so that the community is able to sustain itself.

It'll be a while before this site is indexed by search engines, so if any of you have contacts with other ATXers, please, spread the word!

Pretty amazing...and during the last week of the season too! Thank you. And unlike yahoogroups, maybe I'll be lucky enough to be able to access this one at work!

I dig your signature B)

And yes, I bet you will be able to access it from work, at least for now. Depending on how snoopy they are, they may add it to their blocked sites list if they see you visiting a lot.

I've been waiting on membership validation for over 24 hours but discovered that the e-mail for validation of membership was in my spam folder. Also saw a few others waiting a good while for their validation....check your spam folder...your email is probably there waiting for you.

Welcome home, everyone!

Beautiful job with the website, erc!!!

Thanks for this thread, I'm going to pin it to the top because I can see this being a common problem, especially for AOL and Hotmail users.

For those of you who are lurking here and waiting for a validation email, try having it re-sent and keep an eye on that SPAM folder. The email usually gets there within a couple minutes and shouldn't take any longer than half an hour. If anyone still having trouble with validation, send an email to [email protected] and let me know the username you chose during the registration process. Be sure to send the email from the address you used for your membership, and I will then be able to manually validate your account.

I want to offer my thanks as well to your taking the time to set up this community. That was very thoughtful of you.

I'll gladly help out with the cost. Personally I'd prefer to help pay for it rather than put up with any advertising, no matter how unobtrusive.

Hi, everyone. I just joined here today and wanted to thank you, erc, for creating this. Also big thanks to Marge for posting the invite over on the Kleinrocks board -- that is what led me here. And (as always) thanks to KC for explaining to me via email what the heck happened to our beloved (now-defunct) ATX forum.

Most of you probably don't know me, as I only really logged onto the old ATX forum occasionally. I'm semi-retired now and have been using the PRS package for 3 years. I'm an old ATX-er from 1994, which was my first tax year with Saber, and before that a Parsons alumni. I'm like the rest of you, though, in that I was shocked to see the abrupt closing of the forum, and felt, well, rudderless. I did find the Kleinrock board, thankfully. Even though I don't usually have questions now due to my ultra-low return volume, it is very valuable to me to be able to have tax peeps to network with...ya know? LOL Even if I only lurk, I usually pick up good info and focus. So, anyway, if you never see me in the middle of the post action, I'm here reading and appreciating the rest of you!

Most of my clients are extension-addicted, so I will continue to need this forum throughout the year. I'm going to go check out the donate button right now, it won't be much but I can handle some.

Thanks again for inviting me,

Amy Winans aka biznester

[email protected]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<<<I also asked if they had gotten many calls re the disappearing forum.... and I was blessed with this website info>>>

Does this mean that you were given this website by ATX?

Hmmm. Maybe somebody is actually monitoring this site. I wonder if this will translate into better service and product?

Mike

<<<I also asked if they had gotten many calls re the disappearing forum.... and I was blessed with this website info>>>

Does this mean that you were given this website by ATX?

Hmmm. Maybe somebody is actually monitoring this site. I wonder if this will translate into better service and product?

Mike

Not a chance. Without a doubt, the people who know about and refer callers to this site are not doing so in an official manner. If they had the blessing of CCH, I'm thinking the original site wouldn't have been car bombed.

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out about this site from another list that I subscribe to. I am so glad you took the time to get this back up and running, I missed the discussions since the site was closed down by CCH. I have been with ATX since the early 80"s, ohoh I'm dating myself, oh well. Thanks again, I look forward to participating when I can and reading and learning from all of the great people on this site.

Donna

• 2 months later...

I just found you guys! As with the rest of you, right smack dab in the middle of tax season, I go to check in at the Boards over at ATX and *poof* they are gone! :angry:

Being the big procrastinator that I am, I figure, "I'll look into this later". Well, as I assume is the case with some of you, once I was done with Tax Season, I was "done" and didn't look into it further.

Fast forward to this week, as I am doing some of the dreaded admin stuff to archive my 2006 season, I realize I need to look further into it again!

Through their Suggestion box I contacted ATX for an "explanation" of what happened to the communities, and got a rather lame response back. (If you'd like to see that here, let me know and I will copy and paste for all to enjoy) :D

So, that response alone sparked me enough to look for you guys. We were such an interactive, active community, I figured it could not just die, and I was right.

Through the Quickfinders message boards, I found you.

Yippeee. I feel like I am home again.

As many others have stated, I was not a heavy poster, but was a dedicated lurker. And found the boards at ATX to be most helpful in times of need. Heck, once in awhile I even had something to contribute.

Hopefully I'll be a more active poster here, and will do what I can financially.

Glad to see you all again!