ATX Community

WI Part-Year Problem

Jack from Ohio

Has anyone else experienced this? We (at the firm I work at) had a client receive a Notice of Refund from Wisconsin, and it boils down to information (in the return when the e-file was created) that was not sent with the e-file. I know the process to correct, (just file appeal with documentation), but we have several clients with part-year Wisconsin.

Did I miss someone posting about this issue?

Has anyone else experienced this? We (at the firm I work at) had a client receive a Notice of Refund from Wisconsin, and it boils down to information (in the return when the e-file was created) that was not sent with the e-file. I know the process to correct, (just file appeal with documentation), but we have several clients with part-year Wisconsin.

Did I miss someone posting about this issue?

Jack, you cannot e-file a part-year Wisconsin return. At least, you never could in the past.

Actually, this year it appears you can. I know, I was in shock also. I just did one with part year CO and WI - went through just fine.

Thanks Teri...good to know as we don't seem to be able to access a lot of info on WI E-file other than that they want us to USE it....

Actually, this year it appears you can. I know, I was in shock also. I just did one with part year CO and WI - went through just fine.

Keep us informed if your client receives a notice. Our e-file went through just fine, but information from line 41 Form 1PNR did not get transmitted. No evidence of a problem till client got the notice.