ATX Community

Secure File Pro Connect

grmy2h

I believe SFP "Connect" is new this year. This is from the handouts that I saw. I can't wait to try it out!!

SECUREFILEPRO CONNECT

SecureFilePro Connect is a mobile-friendly Web application that makes it easier to serve your tax clients  who can’t make it into the office.  
For the preparer – SecureFilePro Connect features provide the tools you need to send messages to clients, gather tax information, complete returns, have forms signed, and receive payment for services. 

For the taxpayer – SecureFilePro Connect is a mobilefriendly Web application that allows your clients to provide or update basic personal information, review a prior-year summary of tax data, send messages to their preparer, receive and complete fillable PDF documents, snap and send photos of their W-2 or other tax forms (using their camera phones), sign their return electronically, and pay their bill online. 

To access SecureFilePro Connect, the tax return preparer uses the SFP Connect features in the new integrated SecureFilePro pane of the Document Manager and the taxpayer uses the new SecureFilePro Web “app”. 

• 2 weeks later...

Drake may be calling this by a new name this year. I read your description and that is exactly the process I used last season. In the doc manager there is a "portal" tab for secure file pro. That is where the documents are sent to the client and received by the preparer as well. For those clients of mine that used this, it has been a blessing. I work off of two monitors and once I retrieve the client documents, I open their docs on one monitor and the Drake package on the other. No more paper on the desk. The client can sign through the portal or in some cases, I use signature flow as well. Either way, this is a great feature.

• Like 1

Secure file pro is an add on, but IMO is very reasonable. https://drakesoftware.com/products/securefilepro/  Drake Document Manager comes as part of Drake.  Connect will be new this year and looks like it will work with SFP and DDM for secure communication, file transfer and esigning. 

The issue I always had was that mobile devices would not work with SFP but now it appears there will be an app. 

• Thanks 1