ATX Community

1099-G information ALL states - Excel Spreadsheet

NicoleEAinco

My firm has had several tech support calls/case tickets submitted for this issue, but in our ProSeries, the 1099-G State EIN and address are red ERRORS. In the past, these numbers weren't necessary and I believe there were only 3 or 4 states that required them to be entered; now it is every state. In preparation of tax season, I put information from a thread I found on here and a few other places in an Excel spreadsheet. The 12 highlighted boxes could all use answers; if you have the information please share and I will update spreadsheet. Hopefully this helps someone else!

1099G ALL STATES.xlsx

May have found the answer to my question, but this is a recent change as it did not apply to Colorado in 2013, 2014 or 2015. 

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1610781-1099-g-requires-state-ein-information-for-electronic-filing

1099-G Requires State EIN Information for Electronic Filing

Description

For certain states, when marked for electronic filing, the 1099-G Wks will require additional payer information such as EIN and address.

Solutions Description

These states, when marked for electronic filing in the return, will trigger errors for additional information on the 1099-G:

• Arizona
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Georgia
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Minnesota
  • North Dakota
  • Oregon
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia

It has also been noted that when one of these states is included in the return, other states (NY, NJ, etc.) may require entry as well.

Intuit does not keep a list of the EINs associated with each state. Please contact the state directly to acquire this information.

50 minutes ago, NicoleEAinco said:

My firm has had several tech support calls/case tickets submitted for this issue, but in our ProSeries, the 1099-G State EIN and address are red ERRORS. In the past, these numbers weren't necessary and I believe there were only 3 or 4 states that required them to be entered; now it is every state. In preparation of tax season, I put information from a thread I found on here and a few other places in an Excel spreadsheet. The 12 highlighted boxes could all use answers; if you have the information please share and I will update spreadsheet. Hopefully this helps someone else!

1099G ALL STATES.xlsx

Hi Nicole and welcome to the group.

We appreciate the sharing of information, but since this is a site for mainly users of ATX many users will not be looking at this subforum for Pro Series.  Also, there are probably many, or most, members that would not be comfortable clicking a link to a downloadable excel file from anyone, let alone a new person that just joined the group.

For those reasons and because my list of states' EINs is missing only 7 or 8 states at this point, would you mind providing the information for those so that I may incorporate that data into my pinned post in the main General Chat forum.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Indiana-  #35-6000158  INDIANA DEPARTMENT OF WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT, 10 SENATE AVE, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46204-2277

I copied this information from the link in the general chat that has been pinned at the top of the page and labeled All Pinned Topics - ATX Tips/Tricks, QBI, TCJAs, States' Info.  Hope it helps.  I think it is actuallyfor unemployment but it is the only one we have pinned. 

• Like 1