ATX Community

E-Services users now register through Secure Access

Elrod

I tried to access through the online portal, but the system didn't like my username. (I've only used it for the last 8 or 10 years.) I called the number, and after several holds the IRS rep told me that there was a "problem" with my file and she had to pass it up for resolution. I'm supposed to get a E-mail with directions on how to proceed in 2 or 3 days. (This was a week ago.) She wouldn't even tell me what the "problem" was. I'm beginning to think that they don't like me. (The feeling's mutual.) Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sarypion said:

Is anyone having trouble resetting the e-services password/PIN?  I keep getting the error:

Error occurred in recovering password/PIN for user

The password entered is not valid. Please review the password rules and try again.

Yes, I called in and they had me set up new secret questions, gave me a temporary password, but still have to wait for a confirmation letter with code to sign in and change password.

I tried it today. It told me my info didn't match anything :oand I needed to re-register. When I tried that, it told me that there was already an account with that info. :rolleyes:  From that it said there was a password mis-match and to reset the password. Once I did that it let me right in. :blink:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, grmy2h said:

I tried it today. It told me my info didn't match anything :oand I needed to re-register. When I tried that, it told me that there was already an account with that info. :rolleyes:  From that it said there was a password mis-match and to reset the password. Once I did that it let me right in. :blink:

Did you reset the password on the website somewhere between 12/29/2017 and now?  I'm still getting the "password is invalid" error message when I try to reset...