ATX Community

Printing Envelopes

Terry D EA

I have just had my first negative experience with Drake. I have struggled to print envelopes from within the software. My printer is compatible for printing envelopes, all settings appear to be correct. I called support and got an agent who clearly did not know how to help. After being placed on hold 5 times, I asked for someone who could help me. The response was my concern will be escalated and someone would call me back. Sad to say, I am disappointed with this as normally the support is phenomenal. Finally, I chose the Drake pdf printer and am now printing the envelops through .pdf. However, I still couldn't filter the clients that I wanted. When trying to do so, it would only print three out of 125, so I had to print them all. I wanted to do my trusts, partnerships, and S-Corps separately. If anyone could help with this, I would appreciate it.

I have used the label printer to print labels rather than envelopes.  While my printer does print envelopes, they don't always feed cleanly, so I prefer not to do that.

In general, on the (very rare!) occasion someone at Drake does not know how to help, I make an excuse to hang up, and try again.  Someone else will answer, and will be able to help.  When I have had to have a problem escalated, they promise a call back within 24 hours but have rarely gone more than 12 hours.  And they apologize for taking that long.

I did finally get the envelopes to print by sending them to the Drake pdf printer. My printer is new and more than capable of printing envelopes and labels. The support person I got was virtually useless and I am sad to say, I have never received a return phone call from Drake. I think the support person just plainly dropped the ball.

On another note, the new secure fil pro connect is a bit quirky. Another agent didn't know much about this and I assumed it was because it was so new; maybe. None of this changes my mind regarding Drake. Hopefully, the agents I spoke with will get up to speed.

I mentioned this situation to another support agent via a chat. I forgot how to enable invoice numbers so I had to ask. Anyway that agent did escalate my concern and I did get a return phone call. She also said she would have someone look into the poor support I received. So, I guess you're right they either get up to speed or else. I worked for a company a few years back that would discipline for not answering the phone properly. Customer service/support will either make or break a company.

• Like 1