ATX Community

Reminded again that switch to Drake in '13 was the best decision I made

gianni1212

So I switched in to Drake in 2013 due to the 2012 debacle, but I have continued using ATX payroll program because that is a good program.  I renewed my payroll software today with ATX but I was unable to log onto the website to download the software.  I called ATX support and had to wait 15 minutes to talk to someone.  This never happens with Drake.  I call them and they answer the phone after one ring.  The best thing about the program is the support.  Also, I asked the ATX customer service rep a very simple question about the payroll program and she says that she has to create a case and have someone call me back.  Are you serious atx?  I have called Drake with some pretty complicated questions and they have always taken care of it during the phone call.  Everytime that I have to deal with ATX support they remind me why the best thing that I could have ever done is switch to Drake, not to mention the numerous software benefits that I am not mentioning.  Just so the post is not entirely negative I will admit that the payroll program is far superior to anything out there and that is why I continue to use it.

• Like 1

I like this board even though I no longer use ATX.. I never trusted the software.. I know as a tax prep we have to know the laws and how the numbers flow but even basic things like carrying figures over properly with ATX I did not trust.. I have been using ProSeries for many years and like the program.  I don't like some of the commentators at their board who can be rude who treat people asking questions nastily sometimes so I am more apt to post here. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll echo the Drake enthusiasm again.  I was out of the country for a couple of weeks and just returned to work today.  Took me about 3 minutes to renew my Drake software online while watching TV at home.  

Tomorrow I'll load it onto my computer at the office and will be preparing my first return 10-15 minutes later.  Its a great program.  Simple, elegant, faster than anything in its price category, and it's very stingy with memory and also space needed for backups.  

Time is money in this business, and time saved falls to the bottom line in the form of profitability.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...