ATX Community

0 Tax Returns Completed Thus Far

ETax847

It is very early - at least for my practice.  We are still pushing through preparation of 1099s for our clients and still have four payroll reports yet to do.  Now that said, we do have one 1040 done and a fiscal year 990 so far this month.  My guess is that is all the returns we will get done this month.  We will begin preparation in earnest shortly after the first of February.  The rest of this month will be spent doing year-end financials.  Starting February 1st and running through March 21st, we are scheduled to take in 15 returns per day.  They have already all been scheduled and we are certain they will show up.

I agree it is slower than normal. I have had a few calls with questions and others wanting to know if I will still assist them. I have prepared three individual returns and two partnerships. I got lucky with the partnerships this year as these two had year end information to me on Jan 1. Both rental clients, cash basis, one is tough and one is somewhat easy. So, hang in there it will be crazy before you know it.

I'm still doing payroll taxes and 1099's.  I only have two individuals in house. I never get this worried this early. People are already making their appointments and I have received three calls today and one yesterday for client's that have dementia and other issues. I expected that this would be a difficult tax season with everybody wanting updates for 2018, but it looks like I may need to do a lot more work to pull together the information for some elderly clients.  I don't even know how to help the gentleman that called today asking me if he paid his property taxes to me and to make sure that he didn't have to pay income taxes anymore. He has easily over $150K in income. His wife is in a nursing home already and I am so sad that he is on his own and I don't even know who to call. I obviously don't have the authority to call anyone. I may just have to go to his house in February and look for everything that he will need to give me.  

• Like 1

oh my goodness, I have almost 60 returns in this year with businesses,,, and I went to file and Sch A is not approved.. so I cannot even file anything!

Still waiting on 2 W-2's and a whole lot of 1099's and of those 60, many only have paycheck stubs... so they are not inputted but we are off and running!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MDEA said:

I have 45 accepted 1040's and one client has her MD refund already.

In ATX, the MD forms are not even ready yet.

I take that back, apparently MD is ready as of this morning. Either that or I needed to run a forms update last night because I couldn't create the MD 502 efile last night.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WITAXLADY said:

oh my goodness, I have almost 60 returns in this year with businesses,,, and I went to file and Sch A is not approved.. so I cannot even file anything!

Still waiting on 2 W-2's and a whole lot of 1099's and of those 60, many only have paycheck stubs... so they are not inputted but we are off and running!!

1040 Sch A was posted on the IRS site Jan 12.

First Return - but it is a paper return.

So many hooks and snags preventing e-filing, plus insurance company told taxpayer they were NOT going to issue a 1095 before March.  The exchange policies require a policy number under the exchange, so no way ANYONE (Drake or anyone else) was going to allow e-filing.

The customer, totally disgusted, and I agreed to file a paper return.  They owe $$ so no refund is held up.

• Like 1