ATX Community

MD W-2 Upload File Error

PaulH

ATX Payroll is producing a MD W-2 upload file that does not contain the state income tax withheld for the individual records.  This results in error V00150 RV TOT-TAX-W2S-L3 DOES NOT MATCH SUM RS STATE-TAX-WH when testing the file on MD’s website.  I also verified visually that the ASCII file produced does not contain the withholding data.  Federal W-2’s are fine, and do contain the state withholding data.  I have filled out the MD MW508 form, checked for errors and latest form updates, deleted the MD MW508 form and added it back, but no joy.  Any ideas?

Thanks to both of you.  I just updated and tried again, but have the same problem.  And I thought about typing the withholding numbers into the ASCII file, but don't want to do the necessary research into the required file structure to be confident there are no other problems, like a checksum or something else.  There are fewer than 25 W-2s, so if I have to I'll paper file them, but I'm having a hard time giving up on finding the problem.  Probably a personality defect on my part.

Checksum :)  Most w2 uploads are "safe" for the tax agency, because they can easily hold you responsible for any errors.  In this case, like most, there is a "total" record which is checked against the sum of the individual records.

One odd exception is to be able to even prepare a 941 upload, the software vendor must provide personal information, which is lunacy, since the software vendor has no access to, control over, or liability for the data (unless they elected to take on that role).

• Like 1