ATX Community

ATX client letters

Sarypion

I'm looking for client letters that include "mandatory first installment payments" information (NY CT-300 and NYC-300).  Is there anyway to add these in to the ATX templates?

The due dates for these two are still 2.5 months after year end.  It would be helpful if their due dates and amounts due are mentioned clearly for clients.

All inputs are greatly appreciated!

Sarypion...I believe you have the ability to edit the letters.  Not sure if you can directly pull information off the NYCT300 and NYC300 to populate the fields you need or not.  I have not done that but you can edit the content. Take a look at how the current client letters are formatted...that may help you determine if there is a way to pull information directly off those forms.

• Like 1

Open up any return that has the NY forms you want to do the letter for, then go to the Forms menu (Alt+F - NOT the Add Forms button), and click on Client Letter. Resize the window to a useful size. At the bottom of the Templates list (left side), you should have a Blank template. Double click to open it. First thing, do a 'save as' and name it.

Type whatever you want in the letter, inserting variables (drag n drop) into the letter. At the top of the Variables column, you can switch between federal and state variables.

Save the letter, but before you close it, export it to your documents (Templates menu, Export). This will save it as an rtf (rich text format) file, which comes in handy as a backup in case ATX screws up your letter. And also next year, you can import the letter. Check your variables next year in case ATX changes them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

That would be the highlight of my year! :lol:

Ours too!  It's not so much the words on the letters but the navigating the whole thing when you edit them.  It's like a space ship up in there.  

And y'all know my mother is Dolly Parton and my dad is a Moon Pie, right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you do this // any change you could do a webinar for those who might not be able to make the trip?  Maybe even something as simple as a Skype or ooVoo  during the LIVE presentation. 

/s Abby could maybe start a side business (or pro bono) as I am sure he wants/needs more to utilize his free time.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 6:08 PM, RitaB said:

Abby I want to sign up for your “Editing These #%*& Letters” CPE class in May. You can teach the class in my office and I’ll take everybody to Dollywood the next day.  

I am not so sure I want to go  now.   Saw an article in the news that a woman in Tennessee was arrested when they found a body under her back patio.   I immediately thought of Rita hugs.   I thought she was kidding......now I am not so sure.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Haha 6