ATX Community

Anyone put the new Tax Planner through its paces yet?

Abby Normal

I did quick check last night on a client that I had done some work on my own spreadsheet and seems to check out from itemized deduction changes and income tax rate changes.  The only area I haven't verified was AMT which seemed higher than expected given the new higher limits and exemptions

• Like 2

I am embarrassed to say I never really new this existed...As a planner, I always just created a copy of the return and made changes to see what results would be like the following year assuming no changes in tax laws....which worked OK the past few years, but certainly won't work for 2018.  I will need to play with this new toy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

With ATX, we're all just stumbling around in the dark finding new places. Unless you read the user's guide... which I probably ought to do someday. Probably be good to just read the table of contents and index!

There is a User's Guide?  I'll read that in my spare time.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, TAXMAN said:

Anybody figure how to maybe only print 2 or 3 of the columns. I think anything beyond that may be crap shoot.

It's been suggested in the official forum multiple times to let us choose the number of columns. If you have a PDF editor and patience you can delete the unwanted columns. I've done it twice in years past but I'm just spending the toner and printing it all this year, because everyone is getting one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

It's been suggested in the official forum multiple times to let us choose the number of columns. If you have a PDF editor and patience you can delete the unwanted columns. I've done it twice in years past but I'm just spending the toner and printing it all this year, because everyone is getting one.

For my personal use, I just ignore the additional columns.  If I want to show the client, I just print and cut off the additional columns.