ATX Community

Pub 525: grin of the day

Hahn1040

while looking through Pub 525 for something unrelated, I read this:

Stolen property.

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value in your income

in the year you steal it unless in the same year, you return it to its rightful owner.

I would live to know  if anyone here has ever had occasion to include this on a return!  :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Did you know that under Circular 230 Sect 10.51(a)(12), a practitioner can be sanctioned for "Contemptuous conduct in connection with practice before the Internal Revenue Service, including the use of abusive language...."    So all you EAs and CPAs out there, watch your mouth!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, SaraEA said:

Did you know that under Circular 230 Sect 10.51(a)(12), a practitioner can be sanctioned for "Contemptuous conduct in connection with practice before the Internal Revenue Service, including the use of abusive language...."    So all you EAs and CPAs out there, watch your mouth!

Damn, Sara is on a roll....cussing on this site is now an event that can be sanctioned!   I need Judy to go back and change the title on my post about the iterative method of determining the SE HI deduction before I lose my license.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, BulldogTom said:

Damn, Sara is on a roll....cussing on this site is now an event that can be sanctioned!   I need Judy to go back and change the title on my post about the iterative method of determining the SE HI deduction before I lose my license.

Tom
Modesto, CA

Oh, &^%% to the no, that's the only way I can find it when I need it.  One more year, $%^&*#.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5