ATX Community

Office question

Roberts

1 hour ago, Max W said:

including 2848's

Had the IRS mail me back a 2848 I had faxed them because they determined that the signature had been done electronically... which it had. I just need to make it look a bit better. Before I got the letter from IRS, I had faxed it several more times, and one of those times, someone processed it. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Max W said:

Foxit PhantomPDF allows you to sign and watermark "Copy" or anything you want and in any color.  I never have to print a hard copy.  I also use the signature feature for all kinds of docs, including 2848's.

How do you get your signature in there? Do you use just a generic script font or do a cut/paste of your actual signature?

I use Foxit but not Phantom. Even with the free version you can highlight, type stuff into a pdf. It's freakin awesome for FREE.

• Like 2

Current year paper documents received kept in locked file cabinet in alarmed office, scanned to PDF and returned to client with completed tax return.

Long term documents all scanned to encrypted hard drive.

No paper kept in office any longer after work completed, returns filed and client documents returned.

All other paper documents, including junk mail, shredded daily. Easier to recycle micro-perf size shredded paper and all paper is totally unreadable or restorable once shred.

SOP since 2006 when all then-stored paper files were scanned and shredded. Took six months to scan all the paper. Sold off 25 filing cabinets; space used for other storage.

Currently looking at Backblaze B2 service with expandrive software to move all documents off local computer and keep in cloud. Not sure how the ATX software will interact with expandrive virtual mapped drive. Currently have ATX running on VM ware virtual computer without any issue. That shift alone saved days of program reinstallation time and headache when I bought a new computer and had to move from old computer to new computer. VM also makes back-ups much easier since the VM machine is a folder on the computer host.

Hope this helps, Roberts....

• Like 1