ATX Community

Random Thought for the Day - NT

JohnH

I was reading an article about a heretofore unknown huge colony of penguins off the  "Northern tip of Antarctica".  The focus of the article itself was the possible implications regarding the global warming narrative. But that isn't what caught my attention. I'd like to ask, isn't EVERY tip on the perimeter of Antarctica actually a "northern tip"?

• Haha 7

Could it be that it's just the point of Antarctica furthest from the pole?

"Northern tip of Antarctica" is such a weird thing to say.  That's the kind of phrase that will give you an aneurysm if you think too hard about it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

You have too much free time during tax season, John!

It's either take an occasional break for a little nonsense or else throw something (or maybe give out a few Rita hugs).

Right now I'm opting for taking a break, but it's still early in the season.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnH said:

I was reading an article about a heretofore unknown huge colony of penguins off the  "Northern tip of Antarctica".  The focus of the article itself was the possible implications regarding the global warming narrative.

I'm concerned about that huge colony of penguins, just like the polar bears.  During the off season I go to the Boston Aquarium and just watch the different types of Penguins, they mesmerize me.  Penguins are the most social of all birds.  I hope the Global Penguin Society (GPS) knows about this formerly unknown colony to help them out.