ATX Community

ATX site takes me to a site using a foreign language

GingerM

Over the years, I have been redirected at least 6 or 7 times to a third party website, which leads me to believe that ATX has been using a third party to

host their board. Apparently this third party is overseas, perhaps in Bangalore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nothing surprises me these days.  My cousin is assistant to CIO for a big insurance company and the horror stories as to what is going on makes me want to work in a concrete bunker 20 feet underground.  Also, a friend of mine is retired Homeland Security, from what he tells me you can't take enough precautions.

• Like 2

The Chrome browser can translate it for you.  Machine translations used to be horrible, but they have gotten to be pretty good, now.  Of course, you will run into the occasional word or phrase that just won't be right.  A lot depends on the language pairs.  If it is between major European languages , it will probably be pretty good.  

I'm just wondering why discussions regarding the United States tax system are handled in a foreign country???? The last time I spoke to ATX support which was a number of years ago, after a certain hour, you got Bob and Susie from India answering the phone. Sorry and I mean no disrespect but I am not talking to citizens of another country about our tax system. That would be like me giving advice to someone in Portugal or wherever. Just one of the many reasons I left ATX.

1 hour ago, Terry D said:

I am not talking to citizens of another country

I am very amused when someone answer the phone saying, "This is Kevin" and  you just KNOW that his name is actually Ganesh.  I always think of the credit card ad where the guy in Siberia with the heavy beard answers the phone saying, "My name Peggy" (was that an old Capital One card ad? - they've had some good ones).

That's a generic someone, not ATX - 'cuz I switched to Drake in the 2012 debacle.

Switching to Drake was the best software move for me.  Customer service has to be far and away the best in the industry.  They answer on the first ring, are very helpful,courteous and friendly, and they even answer on Saturdays.    Every once in a while you will get someone with a heavy southern drawl that might be a little hard to decipher, but at least their native language is English.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

My experience with ATX support has been very good, with short wait times, helpfulness, etc. Plus, even more importantly, I have rarely needed to call support. Some of that is due to my self-sufficient, dogged nature, but a lot of it is due to the software just working.

What did you do to get such superlative service.

My experience is definitely is not the same as yours !

• Like 1