ATX Community

Just Wanted to Say Hello and Thank You!

Alex

Hi everyone! I'm sort of new to this forum. Joined last year, but haven't participated. I mostly lurk around between the wee hours of the morning and the quiet time after dinner when I herd the last clients out the office door. I don't really remember how I found this place, but I am glad that I have. You've all provided me with help (I find a lot of answers here to supplement my own research - so thank you! ) and humor (because we all need it this time of year), and I'm grateful for that. ^_^

3 more weeks! And then we can have our lives back. At the very least, we can sleep while it's still evening.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, rfassett said:

Stop hiding and come out into the open more often.  As you have found - not many folks here have too much of a bite.  Well, there are a few exceptions - but you will never be abused here.

No abuse, plenty of hugs!  :D

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Gail in Virginia said:

The good kind of hugs, not the kind Rita sometimes give PITA clients. :P

Yes, I should have clarified, sometimes a hug is a hug, but not really the type of hug you would want.....if you like living.  :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like hugs and I love living! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I shall cease my lurking and join the fray.

Tom, I'm in Los Angeles.

Does everyone feel like a zombie this time of year? Hope you're all having a great week.

• Like 5

Just now, Alex said:

Does everyone feel like a zombie this time of year? Hope you're all having a great week.

I enter my zombiatic state of living sometime around the third week in February and stay there until about the first of May.  I am certain you can all relate.  It is really a strange sensation.  I can actually feel my transitioning into and out of that state of being.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, jklcpa said:

giphy.gif

Client... Makes $271k this year...  Taxable is $219k.

Sends an email to complain about the $300 in underpayment penalties, because *he* decides when he wants to fund his estimates.  Which generally means he is light early in the year, and then pays more later.  Which, as *we* all know, results in him owing an underpayment penalty.

I point out,  that due to the composition of his income, he paid taxes of $22k on that income, and that is 10%, and only 8 per cent of the gross income figure. 

He keeps being argumentative.  

Finally, I send a short email:

Client,

I can annualize your income, please send me what you earned 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Qtr, and it may increase or decrease your penalty.

He responds:  That may be too much work!

Guess your time isn't worth $300 an hour, is it?

ZAP!

Rich

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

ZAP!

If only I had that kind of unlimited zapping power during tax season. It's only 4 months a year, although I might need a bit of that to survive October. Maybe we can do a per-zap basis around then? Where can we buy this???? And if we can, that's definitely going in as a business expense. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5