ATX Community

I want to wish everyone a wonderful Easter!

schirallicpa

Not that I won't be here tomorrow working.  But there was a time when the kids were young that I would leave early on Good Friday and we would do eggs and make things on Easter Saturday and visit the bunny.  At least this year I have promised not to work on Easter Sunday.

May the bunny fill your basket full of extensions!

• Like 12

And Happy Easter to everyone here.  Our office is never open on Good Friday but I work and am finishing up a couple of complicated returns today.  I will work on State Corporate and Partnership extensions tomorrow as well as do our monthly billings.  And then I will take the rest of the weekend off.  Up early Easter morning for a sunrise service at the local church camp followed by a wonderful brunch and great fellowship,  Then it will be time for me to head to the couch for my Easter nap!

A Blessed Easter to one and all!

• Like 8

I'm working today and Saturday.  Church Sunday with an egg hunt/coffee hour.  Hubby will make dinner (a nice client provided the ham as a Christmas present, frozen since then until this week).  There will probably be naps involved.  I've reached a procrastination stage, not a good stage to be in right now.  I have about nine returns that don't need a lot of work, just proofreading, printing, uploading to my portal, packaging for mailing, that kind of thing.  And, a LOT of returns to start.  Just had a client email that she's going out of state to help her daughter move 8 April and won't return until after the deadline; hope she doesn't mind an extension!  Happy Easter, everyone; and pause to give thanks for all we have, including this forum!

• Like 7

A Happy and blessed Easter to all!  And a wonderful Passover (yes, I know I'm late) to those who celebrate - next year in Jerusalem!  Yes, Passover is near Easter - where else could it be!  He is our Passover and our FirstFruits, to the very day.

I worked yesterday and today but tomorrow I won't go near a computer (unless it's to watch a video).  We will have our annual Easter "Cupcake Reception" after service; I have two dozen mini-cupcakes in my car to bring along (store-boughten, I have NO time to bake!).  It's also our anniversary (15 years) but Doug has been sick with a sinus infection and I have a cold, so we'll probably delay any celebration until we're up for it. 

• Like 3

Happy Easter everyone! We will go out to eat with my Mom and a few cousins and then I will be back working. I have slacked off some, because our son came home yesterday afternoon and I wanted to spend some time with him. I'm also stressed because our new granddaughter is still in the NICU after 8 days and she is still having trouble feeding and her oxygen levels are too low, especially when she is sleeping. They are doing a sleep study tomorrow night to see if they can pinpoint a problem. We just keep praying that she will make a speedy recovery. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Catherine said:

Prayers offered your your baby granddaughter, @NECPA in NEBRASKA!

Catherine, she finally passed all of her tests today so we are very blessed. It made a great Easter even better. She went home this afternoon. I probably won't be able to see her again until after 4/17, because even though they are only an hour away, that's more time than I can spare right now. We can video chat though!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NECPA in NEBRASKA said:

Catherine, she finally passed all of her tests today so we are very blessed. It made a great Easter even better. She went home this afternoon. I probably won't be able to see her again until after 4/17, because even though they are only an hour away, that's more time than I can spare right now. We can video chat though!

That's wonderful news!  Congratulations to you on the new grandchild and to her parents to have her home. <3 

• Like 5