ATX Community

NE K1 input - ATX Question

jasdlm

Client has 6 k1s.  1 k1 has NE income and withholding.  The remaining k1s have no connection to NE.  Taxpayer is NOT an NE resident.

The NE k-1 input page, which is the only place I can figure out to enter the NE withholding, is barking at me because I do not have NE State ID #'s for the non NE entities/k1s.  

I can't figure out how to delete the remaining K1s from the NE k-1 input as they are flowing through from the Federal K1 input.

Do I really have to paper file NE since there are non NE partnerships/trusts, or am I not 'clicking or unclicking' something right?  (Spell check does not like the word unclick.  Maybe I made it up.)

Thanks much.

I'll try to help. I only have non-resident Iowa partnership k-1s, so I've never actually used this form. The allocations work well for the Iowa return. Are the K-1s coming from the same partnership? I think that based on the K-1 input, the K-1 information should only be flowing through to the state on that K-1. Are you getting the errors when you try to create the E-file? I would make sure that they are getting allocated to the correct state. You can send the NE K-1 copy as a PDF attached to the return if you can ever get the e-file created. 

I would not be surprised if you had to paper file, just because NE is a little antiquated and ATX is not really up to speed on Nebraska returns. I have been begging to have partnership and corporation returns added to ATX's efile program ever since Nebraska finally figured it out and allowed e-filing a couple of years ago. 

I hope this helped a little, but I don't see any other way to get the correct state except for in the address.

• Thanks 1