ATX Community

Please Confirm - 8453 Required with Appraisal

BulldogTom

Scan the appraisal to a PDF.

Choose E-file MENU and Attach PDF.

Scroll to the form 8283 click on an appropriate paper clip. In your case there isn't one so I'd go with Donee Org Ack.\

Ignore warning from ATX that your PDF is too big, and just remember this as the one time you've ever heard that in your life.:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

I've just scanned and attached before. Either way, IRS isn't looking at it.

Wrong, i had a client audited for this.  These audits are all done out of Washington DC, gifts of appreciated property.   Funny is that my client donated a collection of rare items and the IRS agent told me that when he contacted Sotherbys,  Smithsonian and I forget the third place, that they told them that my client is the leading expert to appraise these items.  We did have an outside appraisal and they eventually accepted it with out too much back and forth.

• Like 2

agree with that but if it wasn't attached the irs would have denied the deduction and then i would have had a different fight on my hands.  Plus for this much money the client might have decided to have a tax attorney handle it and then claim my lack of proper filing of the 8453 would make me responsible for his fees too.

If you have the appraisal, there is no reason to not supply it properly.  [not suggesting that is what you are saying to do]

• Like 1