ATX Community

Nobody Asked You

RitaB

9 hours ago, Catherine said:

When I left the office late this afternoon, my partner was sitting in his chair, legs up on another chair, and I shut the lights off for him.  He was having a desperately-needed nap before dinner and more work.

Yep... That was me.

I nap all the time.

Could not get thru this with out them.  I have a couch in my office just for this.

Rich

• Like 4

5 hours ago, FDNY said:

You're all going to hate me for this, but since I started using a standup desk this season I never feel tired.....unless I'm asleep standing up like a horse, but how would I know? 

I agree with you on the standing desk.  It's nice when clients drop by as well - doesn't happen much with me, which makes it even more of an inconvenience when someone does.  If I remain standing, they don't sit down.  So the conversation is usually shorter unless I have some reason to spend time with them and offer them a seat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If they don't sit down maybe they will leave sooner.   We may be on to something.  But I must say, this desk is working out really well, I actually look forward to it each day, I feel like I'm on stage with no audience.   My stage fright went away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, FDNY said:

If they don't sit down maybe they will leave sooner.   We may be on to something.  But I must say, this desk is working out really well...

The other thing that works before you get the standing desk is two or ten files in each chair.  Hey, whatever it takes.  There are advantages to being a paper freak, don't let the youngsters mislead you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, FDNY said:

You're all going to hate me for this, but since I started using a standup desk this season I never feel tired.....unless I'm asleep standing up like a horse, but how would I know? 

I don't hate you (you're too nice a guy) but I can't imagine how you manage to pull it off.

Personally you're liable to find me lying back in the swivel chair, legs up on desk, mouth open, dozing and half-awake at any time after lunch.  Either the loud doorbell or my assistant {wife} jolts me awake just in time for my feet to hit the floor and to sit up straight 5 seconds and try to look normal before the intruder gets to my large (lay-down) desk.  I remind myself of a client; an older guy housepainter who has a pickup and a Purdy paintbrush hanging out of his paint-speckled overalls who, worn out, went to the doctor for general malaise.  Doc said "Do exercises."  He said "Doc, I'm 75.  After a day's work it's all I can do to make it back home and fall in the recliner."

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, BLACK BART said:

I don't hate you (you're too nice a guy) but I can't imagine how you manage to pull it off.

Personally you're liable to find me lying back in the swivel chair, legs up on desk, mouth open, dozing and half-awake at any time after lunch.  Either the loud doorbell or my assistant {wife} jolts me awake just in time for my feet to hit the floor and to sit up straight 5 seconds and try to look normal before the intruder gets to my large (lay-down) desk.  I remind myself of a client; an older guy housepainter who has a pickup and a Purdy paintbrush hanging out of his paint-speckled overalls who, worn out, went to the doctor for general malaise.  Doc said "Do exercises."  He said "Doc, I'm 75.  After a day's work it's all I can do to make it back home and fall in the recliner."

HA!  I amazed myself with this desk, but I think the low volume background music form the 60s might have something to do with my energy level.   I do know I like standing at a bar with music playing (or a ballgame) in background with good conversation on each side of me, I never get tired, so maybe it is the same principal.  Your painter shouldn't worry, it's all in his head, he gets enough exercise and should have peace of mind knowing his work is top notch using a high quality Purdy brush.    You're a nice guy too, like everyone else here, it's the nice guy and gal forum, maybe that's what keeps us up.

• Like 7