ATX Community

77 Returns in house with 7 days to go!

Abby Normal

I am way ahead of last year for returns finished, but I am really slowed down right now on some large ones for elderly clients, several with dementia. One switched brokers and sold all of their investments when they went to the new one. I am slowly using tax tools to figure the basis back to 2001. Apparently the old broker said that they would not or could not provide the basis.  I wish that I could just push the easier ones to the front, but that's not fair to the more difficult ones.  I love my elderly clients, many have been with me since I was a college intern. I wish some of the younger ones had their patience.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Everyone came in early this year. Will make for a more relaxing summer!

We have experienced the same thing and have been trying to figure out why!  I put in a lot more hours early and mid season to be where I am today. That said, we will still have about 60 extensions. Which is about normal for us.

• Like 3

45 in the hole. I had a lot come in early, too. I think it's because they have learned that coming in late makes me a very stressed out, unhappy woman.. even though I view every single return as $$$ for fine wine after tax season. And that makes me smile again.

I am really happy that I hired an assistant last year who is actually interested in learning the business. Hopefully, one day she will run it and I can hang out with Rita in TN during tax season. That is my goal in life. To laugh my way through it, and hug those special clients!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2