ATX Community

transmitted to EFC status

taxbrewster

Hello all, need some step by step help here because tech support has not been helpful. I can read off the website and thats all they do when I call with this problem. I have researched the forums and tried multiple ways.

The status is not updating in my ATX software - have a bunch of returns in the "transmitted to efc" status - I have received the ack but it is not updating the individual files so show accepted. I tried rehanging the files via the atx website because it shows accepted but I would like my software to match.

They say the resolution is to - duplicate the return - open the duplicated copy - discard the EF info sheet then add it back in - enter the required fields....

Then go to the efile manager and click receive acks.

I do this and nothing happens - am I suppose to recreate the file or what other steps am I missing....am I trying to change the submission ID? I dont get what I am trying to trick the software in thinking? Then do I need to rehang these files again to get them to update?

I am losing my mind because its these little things that bother me. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

after the 4th call today and rehanging several efiles both on my side and atx's side. doing the same thing over and over again - i just clicked receive acks - and it started to rain ACKS!!!

I feel so much better and basically they had no explanation what was fixed or why it just started working....thanks for the input.

• Like 4