ATX Community

Done

rfassett

Closing the season with 474 returns done - 5 -1120; 60 -1120S; 26 -1065; 5 - 1041; 3 - 990; 6 - other; and 369 -1040.

Extensions are done.  Will be here tomorrow, Friday and Monday working on quarterly payroll reports and payrolls and putting out fires - very low key, low stress.

• Like 9

Proud of you rfasset.  I'm trying to tie things up but unfortunately I have a lot of stragglers trying to decide how much to put into an IRA or simple IRA as that is something I always suggest for them to lower their bill.  But it amazes me that they will drag it out to the last minute, no consideration for us.  Like we are there to serve them.  It reminds me of the "Twilight Zone" episode,  "To Serve Man,"  that's what they make me want to do, along the lines of Rita's thinking...our Queen.

• Like 8

Hooray, @rfassett!  We have almost everyone not filed on extension.  Couple of folks who only owe us signature pages - but if we have nothing by end of business Friday, they go on extension, too.  I will do payroll taxes etc tomorrow; ran payrolls today.  The usual slew of "I know you're busy, BUT" questions - that we are ignoring for now.  (What I want to tell them all is:  If you know we're busy, wait until next week, fer gosh sakes!  Do I show up at your door when you're in the middle of cooking, saying "I know you're busy, but if I could *just* get those documents real quick"  - you'd kick me out on my patootie!)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, FDNY said:

Proud of you rfasset.  I'm trying to tie things up but unfortunately I have a lot of stragglers trying to decide how much to put into an IRA or simple IRA as that is something I always suggest for them to lower their bill.  But it amazes me that they will drag it out to the last minute, no consideration for us.  Like we are there to serve them.  It reminds me of the "Twilight Zone" episode,  "To Serve Man,"  that's what they make me want to do, along the lines of Rita's thinking...our Queen.

Why not tell them :"You need to put $XXXX into your IRA by XXXXXX to reduce your taxes by $XXX.  Here's your extension.  Let us know when you get the IRA done and then we'll put your return back in the rotation in the following 30 days or so."

• Like 6

Way to go!  Me too, in a few hours - and 2 days ago I would have said no way.  A few extensions, one of which I can get a head start on, the rest are waiting on K1s or other pieces.  So yea, payroll taxes, clean the office, etc.  Wow, can't remember the last time I finished early!

• Like 6

Congratulations to you all that are finished.

I have one last return that was completed days ago and will be in the client's hands this afternoon, and there are a couple that I need signatures forms back that I'll e-file. Everything else is on extension at this point.  :)

• Like 5

HHMM I just counted and marked who is an extension and have 80 I "have " to do -some owe, and should get a voucher, some just" I really do not want an extension".. 5 days? 16 a day - averaging 6-11 right now..

I find I cannot type and really slow down when I do not sleep more than 6 hrs - 5 I am cranky - front desk person went home in tears today - but I think it was her family not me!! I hope I really did not yellllll

I do this why?  the cash I guess - and yes I claim it all.. but I like money - no I guess I like them getting lots of $$$ back or paying less !!

• Like 2

Ron:

Congrats to you and your team.  You tend to front load things, I tend to back load it.. ;)

600 in the system for me,  78 to go as of this moment to get done.  That is 25 a day.  Slice of pastry.

Everyone is extended.  Of that 78, 9 have not been worked on and 24 waiting on info..

Rich

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Richcpaman said:

Ron:

Congrats to you and your team.  You tend to front load things, I tend to back load it.. ;)

600 in the system for me,  78 to go as of this moment to get done.  That is 25 a day.  Slice of pastry.

Everyone is extended.  Of that 78, 9 have not been worked on and 24 waiting on info..

Rich

Well - I averaged 87 hours per week in Jan and Feb and ramped up to 94 through March and the first week of April.  We pre-schedule all of our tax returns so we have a very smooth and level season.  That is how I got to this point on April 11.  It is not for everybody - but it works for me.  I will do that to avoid the panic mode at the end of the season.  Have had that approach for years.  I am slowing down though.  There were several years back to back where I averaged 105 hours per week for the whole season.  The titanium in my chest is probably a result of that.  I do not recommend those hours to anyone.  It sure was nice, though, leaving the office at 4:30 yesterday to get in some quality porch time.  The sign over the door to my porch says "Heaven is a little closer on the porch".  And there is truth therein.

Good luck and smooth sailing to all those still fighting!  Congrats to those who have called it a day!

• Like 3

Done here too (well, except for that one 1120 extension I'll fill out on Monday).  But since I'm scaling back, there's no reason not to be done.  I have several corps and individuals on extension, but in most cases the ball is in their court.  Looks like Mon and Tues will be payroll tax report days.  Maybe we will head down to the beach toward the end of next week. 

Hope everyone has a productive and profitable end to this filing season.  If you're still sweating the deadline, I feel your pain (for whatever that's worth). 

• Like 4