ATX Community

I'm as done as I'm going to be!

NECPA in NEBRASKA

I could work harder and later tonight, but I have everything done that I had promised and am actually in a good mood for the first last day of tax season in many years! I owe a lot of that happiness and sanity to the amazing people on this site. I think it's partly age, I've finally learned that I don't have to let the stress kill me and make me miserable. I have prepared more returns by now than the last four years and am so relieved. I have a lot of extensions, but none that were not expecting it. I won't take tomorrow off, because I do want to wrap up a few returns and start on payroll and property tax returns. I have a ton of work to get done and so much planning for our London trip by 4/29. 

I am sure that I will renew sometime with ATX for next year, because I had a good year and I'm too old to want to learn new stuff. 

Thanks to all of you for the humor, the acceptance and the new stuff that I learn here every day. I hope that everyone has a great summer and peaks in here once in awhile, because I will still be here all year. Now I'm going to try to take a nap!

:)

Bonnie

• Like 5

14 hours ago, jklcpa said:

Yay! We're done.  Now take life at a slower pace, check in once in a while, and enjoy your trip, Bonnie!

At least you thought you were!  This will bring the the ultra-procrastinators crawling out of the woodwork...

Earlier this afternoon, NAEA alerted members to technical difficulties with IRS' electronic filing and online payment systems. NAEA confirmed with IRS earlier this evening that these systems are fixed and are operational again. According to the Service:

Individuals and businesses with a filing or payment due date of April 17 will now have until midnight on Wednesday, April 18. Taxpayers do not need to do anything to receive this extra time.

More details are available in IRS' news release, IR-2018-100. Should new information become available, NAEA will update the full membership.