ATX Community

Efile Mandate

Christian

I will never have a client sign that IRS form stating that they wanted to "paper File".  I efile all my returns, except those that can't be efiled for whatever reason, and that reason is usually the fault of the IRS.

If, and that is very unlikely IF, the IRS ever questioned the 4-5 paper copies I file every year (out of 600), I would literally laugh in their face. 

Rich

• Like 2

I think it is fundamental that governments receive filings in any way the taxpayers choose as long as the filing is correct.  Same thing goes for payments - Check, money order, cash, etc.  Governments have the problem of thinking that everything is theirs and forget where their substances eminates.  I'm aware of the operational dollar reduction in electronic filings and payments, but none of the rest of us are in a position to choose arbitrarily how our information and money comes in.

Just got back visiting my wife's relatives in the Dalton GA area.  Dalton is an old textile town, the leading source of carpets.  Saw a chart where the average wage has dropped from $30K/annually to scarcely over $20K/annually since 2012.  During the same period, the Dalton/Whitfield county government spending has risen from $50MM to over $120MM annually.

• Like 1