ATX Community

NT: Too funny!

Catherine

Oh I just had SO much fun!!! I got a call from some low-life scum who wanted to take over my computer because of "suspicious activity" and I had him going for several minutes. I played dumb clueless ditz. Finally he told me my computer had been "compromised" and I told him that I *never* left my computer alone in a room with a man. (Guess I've read Jane Austen a few too many times...) Then I told him he had the wrong person - goodbye!

I managed to hang up just before I busted out laughing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I had a call the other day that started out with a female thanking me for my recent inquiry about affordable health insurance and if I would just stay on the line she would connect me to an insurance agent.  I said, wait, when did I inquire about affordable health insurance?  And she just kept talking over me.  I repeated myself four times.  On the fourth she said, well, don't you want affordable health insurance? I said, mine does not get much more affordable since I will be going on Medicare very shortly.  Click!  And I kept talking into the phone - wait, I am not done yet.  Come back on the line please...........

• Haha 5

Hubby loves to string along those calls.  Kept one like Catherine's on the line for a very long time by playing dumb and asking lots of questions.  After the caller had fully committed to repairing a Windows PC and was getting very exasperated, hubby said he had a MAC.  I think there was a swear word and a hangup then.  But, semi-retired hubby had fun and kept someone else from receiving a call during those minutes.  You go, Catherine!

• Like 3