ATX Community

ATX Client Portal

Yardley CPA

Started with this year and I love it.  The only con would be no provsion for electronic signature.  Client still has to print out, sign and upload back.

Cost is a bit expensive, it's around $550 but I moved to another city right at the start of tax season and honestly feel those I got to use it I will keep inspite of the move.  Compared to my mailing costs this year due to the move I can see where I could recoup the cost easily if I can get more to use it.  In fact if I could get more to use it I wouldn' have to commute 2 1/2 Yes each way so I would recoup the cost rapidly.  Going to really push it this next year locking my price for all who do and raising for all who still want me to come to them.  Hopefully that would move more.

Works well with all file formats but for some reason if someone sent me a word document I couldn' open it.   Other than that it is a matter of either scanning or taking a picture then uploading it.  Real simple to use.

• Like 3

For signatures, @Tax Prep by Deb (and others) look at CPaperless' product "Signature Flow" - they charge per-signature ONLY.  So if you need one signature it's a buck or two and that's all you pay.  Some e-signature programs charge a hefty monthly fee - maybe fine if you get them all the time.  But when I use a dozen in a tax season, the per-sig fee is definitely the way to go!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Richcpaman said:

Can some expand on the use of the ATX-CCH Client Portal?

And the E-Signature?

How and why, and how much...

Rich

In follow-up to Rich's quote, I would appreciate more information on exactly what the portal provides.  Is it's main function the ability to communicate with your client's and share information?  I assume both you and your clients can post to the portal.  Are there any other features we may not know about?  Is it similar to having a corporate webpage where you can post articles and information for all clients to view?

As far as signatures are concerned, these products allow for e-signatures?  Obviously, if a client has the capability of printing a form, such as an 8879, that I post to the portal, they can sign and scan the signed version back to me by placing it on the portal.  I assume these signature programs allow clients to sign the 8879 (or any form) electronically?  What does the client need on their end in order to accomplish this?  I guess I'm showing my ignorance a bit here, but would appreciate any information.

The portal is a way to safely exchange information.  Yes it works in both directions.  It also allows you to send for example a news letter to everyone you have set up on the portal at one time.  When I got set up I was a given a very brief tutorial and help in getting it set up however there are many videos available that I'm sure we teach me more of what's available I just haven' had time to watch them.   My move came on 1/27/18 so my only concern at that time was giving my clients an easy way to send me their stuff so I set it up on the fly.  I hope after the dust settles to dig into it deeper and see what else I can do with it.  There are options to  customize it and I would like to check that out as well.  You cannot sign thru it.  The clint would have to printout the signature pages, sign it and then upload it back, but it's not that difficult.  My clients who used it loved it.  It's very similar to financing or refinancing a mortgage.  When we bought our home in November everything was done thru a portal, I loved it!

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I just paid 48/yr for SendInc. Think of it as a temporary portal. I upload organizer, tax returns, efile signature forms, etc. and I set it to expire in however many days I want, usually 60 or 90. Clients can easily upload files and communicate with me in an email like format, as well. You can also get 'read receipts' so you know the clients seen the upload.

Only limit is 200 uploads per day so I had to upload organizer over several days, but you can only to do many of them without getting blurry eyed anyway.

I uploaded my email contacts for clients and other businesses I deal with (lawyers, banks, etc.) so I didn't have to type them all in.

Lets go back to part of the answer. What does a client on his end need? I see above that client gets form, prints form, signs form then uploads back. if client prints form and signs it how does he upload it back? I am almost as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to this digital age. My son now knows more about this stuff then I will ever learn or remember how to do it.

10 hours ago, TAXMAN said:

Lets go back to part of the answer. What does a client on his end need? I see above that client gets form, prints form, signs form then uploads back. if client prints form and signs it how does he upload it back? I am almost as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to this digital age. My son now knows more about this stuff then I will ever learn or remember how to do it.

Client on their end will need the ability to access the portal or website.  Assuming they do not have the ability to sign any forms electronically, they'll need a printer to print the forms and sign them.  They will also need a scanner or cell phone camera to reload the signed form to the portal.  

• Like 1