ATX Community

Good News!

BLACK BART

John, you're just like me.  A chronic grump.  Have to say though that that funny line you put at the end of your posts for a while still gives me smiles whenever I think of it.  It was (remember) "Despite the high cost of living; it remains popular." Yuk-yuk-yuk!  😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RitaB said:

Yeah, yeah, you two are the salt of the earth.  We ain't buying that.  😉

But, but....I thought our homespun humor, cracker-barrel wisdom, and cornpone colloquialism (see below) somewhat compensated for our lack of expertise (hmmm...better make that "my"; John's pretty swuft 'bout taxin' stuff) and/or whatever other flaws we bring to the board.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/colloquial

P.S. to Rita: Sorry about missin' the meetin' and didn't mean to diss your sincere invitation (would really like to meet you, a few others too, some maybe not) but my wife's got to have surgery then and wouldn't take it kindly if I went off somewheres (actually I gave up on those family reunions).  Anyhow please forgive & I'll wash your shoelaces - with malice toward none and charity for all, I remain, your most humble and obedient servant, blah, blah, blah -- BB.

P.S. to Catherine.  My apologies (that's all I do anymore) if my Nazi-spelling censorship offended you - I don't like those corrections either, but couldn't resist attempting to be funny when the opportunity presented itself. You're a great poster and your scientific essays are impressive - thanks for everything.   

• Like 5

My wife watched this grandiose thing on TV.  I woke up at 4:00 AM CDT and it had already been on and she was watching it.  How anyone in the rural south, especially my wife from Georgia, can identify with these smiling faces I'll never know.  Come 7:30 the thing was still on and she was glued to the set.  My reaction?  I left at 8:30 and went to Virginia to play bluegrass.

Black Bart, in all of his colloquialism, is very much like myself, I'm afraid to admit.

I've always considered the Royals to be on roughly the same level of irrelevance as Hollywood types & professional athletes.  They are all actors playing various roles as they sit in their positions of wealth & the influence it gives them. Yet they have the audacity to frequently lecture the rest of us on how we ought to conduct our lives.  They confuse themselves by thinking recognition confers competence.  

At least the public support of actors & athletes comes from those who voluntarily pay for the entertainment services they provide to us.  But in the case of the Royals, their subjects are required to support their playacting & posturing through taxes and  the force of law.  Hence, they epitomize the ultimate welfare family.  "We are not amused."

• Like 2