ATX Community

Renewing this month?

TaxCPANY

Renewing for Total Tax Office 2018 would cost only 0.9% over 2017's price.  Attractive.
Retained from 2017 TTO package:  5 licenses, "1040 Package" (and yet I access any entity form ever needed) and all States, User Guide, Payroll Compliance Reporting, Master Tax Guide - book and online, Tax Season Essentials, and what seems to be the Tax Prep Partner Standard Bundle.
Dropped:  Tax Prep Partner 1041, Practical Tax Bulletin and Expert, "Complete Tax Library," and (good riddance) prior-year TaxBook Deluxe and State Tax Book.
Added/modified:  AnswerConnect (for Intelliconnect, I gather), Client Letter Toolkit, "Two additional Books" (of what?), and "the full set of calculators."  Is that last item really anything different?  (Does "two . . . books" coyly mean last year's, again?)
I've left out the items I don't use, such as PaperlessPLUS, and the no-change of e-filing fees.  Overall, TTO again looks like the best deal for a practice serving diverse people and entities working in diverse fields, often in other states and some overseas.  Have any Packages made major changes?

• Like 1

I renewed today after an email to my rep telling him that I did not receive the extra 5% off offer communication.  It hurt my feelings (I can be sensitive when left out) because I've been with them since before they were ATX.   Rep called minutes after the email and told me to hold on and he would see what he could do.  He maybe had a quick cigarette and came back  in a few minutes and said no problem.  So if you want that extra 5% may be worth a call. 

I have MAX and from what I can see on my confirmation no changes from last year.

• Like 2

I can't recall seeing a 5%-off offer for at least the last couple of years.  The come-on snail-mailed to me offers a 10% reduction from an alleged "Retail" price, which is the format in the most recent, previous year or two.
But I will call my rep and try to wheadle that out of ATX/CCH.  THANK you for advising that, FDNY.  I generally don't ask for all that could be got, on my own.

You're welcome TaxCPANY.  But I can't take all the credit as I think someone else on the forum had mentioned they were happy with the extra 5% off so I thought I would give it a shot as it already expired.  It worked, hope it does for you too. 

PS.  You might want to give them a little of our NY attitude, being gentle, but pushing towards the objective.

Just to be clear, the "extra" 5% is in addition to the 10% offer for May renewal and usually, from what I hear,  you can get the rest of the year.  I'm going out to a big lunch today with the $82 I just saved.  

• Like 3

It worked!

When my rep said that there had been an email blast offering the 5% from May 16 through 20, I found nothing from ATX during that spell in my Inbox, Spambox or Trash -- but several dozen other emails from ATX before and after.  I was even more sure of the omission because I'd been vacationing that week and so had let emails from everyone except clients pile up -- and, yes, still haven't quite got round to cleaning out superfluous emails since then.  (Props to Gmail's 15GB limit!)

Rep put me on hold to 'see if [he] could still get that special discount' for me, and a couple of minutes later delivered!

So, FDNY, what would you like as a finder's fee?  I owe you.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TaxCPANY said:

It worked!

When my rep said that there had been an email blast offering the 5% from May 16 through 20, I found nothing from ATX during that spell in my Inbox, Spambox or Trash -- but several dozen other emails from ATX before and after.  I was even more sure of the omission because I'd been vacationing that week and so had let emails from everyone except clients pile up -- and, yes, still haven't quite got round to cleaning out superfluous emails since then.  (Props to Gmail's 15GB limit!)

Rep put me on hold to 'see if [he] could still get that special discount' for me, and a couple of minutes later delivered!

So, FDNY, what would you like as a finder's fee?  I owe you.

Best news I've heard all day!   You don't owe me anything, I'm sure you've helped me thru the years, that's what I love about this place.   But if we ever do a northeast ATXCommunity  meet and greet, we'll buy each other a drink from the top shelf. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mwrightea said:

Not working with my rep :(

I might call back and ask why some have gotten this and not others.  I'm sure you have an account in good standing and willing to renew early.  A little persistence should help.  Good luck.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mwrightea said:

I've been with them since the beginning a Max customer and no dice.  I must not be as charming as you :)

That's impossible, I'm from Brooklyn and you're from a state with a lot of fresh air.   Practice your charm in the mirror and call tomorrow before the month is over.  😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mwrightea said:

FDNY you are certainly a charmer!

Ha!  You're very kind MWright.  I've had a lot of practice, it's how I get thru life and get things done.   Keep smiling and be happy because life is too short to lose out on that extra 5%  when and if it comes our way.   Thanks MWright, you're a bit of a charmer too, I can tell!  

Bill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jklcpa said:

Volunteering?  😀

And I thought you would never ask.   I feel terrible that I can't make it to Rita's due to an ongoing obligation of care giving here in Boston, but I do travel monthly to NYC to visit Mom and the rest of my old crew.   Had a reunion last year at the LaGuardia Comfort Inn and I thought it would be a great place if we ever got together.   Maybe plan it when some CPEs are available.

What do you think?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FDNY said:

Why don't we wait until after Rita's and then see how much interest there is for another.    I have a feeling there will be a lot. 

Good ideas and also on possibly combining it with some CPE!   Maybe a good tax course on the new law later in the year.  NYC for this country girl may require some tranquilizer and a blindfold though.  🙂

I, too, regret not being able to make Rita's in TN because there are lots of people here I'd like to meet someday, even give some a hug ... a real hug.  lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jklcpa said:

Good ideas and also on possibly combining it with some CPE!   Maybe a good tax course on the new law later in the year.  NYC for this country girl may require some tranquiler and a blindfold though.  🙂

I, too, regret not being able to make Rita's in TN because there are lots of people here I'd like to meet someday, even give some a hug ... a real hug.  lol

I was also thinking North Jersey or Westchester County in NY, there's always CPEs in White Plains.   Both areas have airport access and not so scary (and crowded) as NYC.   But honestly, as a former native, there's nothing to be afraid of,  just walk around like you belong there and no one will bother you.   Because if you came as far as  NJ or Westchester you will want to go to the top of the Empire State Building and take in a show at Radio City.  

1 hour ago, FDNY said:

I was also thinking North Jersey or Westchester County in NY, there's always CPEs in White Plains.   Both areas have airport access and not so scary (and crowded) as NYC.   But honestly, as a former native, there's nothing to be afraid of,  just walk around like you belong there and no one will bother you.   Because if you came as far as  NJ or Westchester you will want to go to the top of the Empire State Building and take in a show at Radio City.  

Oh, I'm not afraid of being in cities or crowds and I share in the urban driving in our travels.  But the thought of driving in NYC and missing exits or turns is what is worrying, 😧 probably because I haven't done it myself.

• Like 2

Yes, driving in the city can be daunting.  It's the crowds that worry me so I only take public transport going to Manhattan.  There is no parking unless you don't mind parking garages that all seem to be valet only (Spothero.com is my go to for a spot in cities).  But since most streets and avenues are numbered, people like us would never get lost, maybe even be able to give out directions to the numbers challenged people.

• Haha 2

Once I was driving in NYC and came to a street where the cars blocking me had the right of way.  I stopped and waited but cars kept coming.  Finally I decided to risk everything and try to cross.  The cars all stopped and I got through.  I got to a hotel in Brooklyn that had a parking lot and stayed there--took the subway everywhere I had ti go from then on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1