ATX Community

k-1

Ruthy

I have a k-1 (1120S) ATX challenge... In the "data- input" page I must have entered the grand total to be income to shareholders. Now I can not find where the main "data" is entered. The "total" amount is being given properly to each shareholder, but I can not find where the grand total has been entered. Its not in the "global data" tab ???

I have purchased ATX products Every year since 2008 but skipped 2017. They are not treating me well - (ex. saying they can not help me without purchasing 2017)- but my question pertains to 2015 ?!

PLEASE HELP :(

31 minutes ago, Ruthy said:

HOWEVER THE ATX-CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUE HAS STILL NOT BEEN SOLVED :(   

That would be correct once you are no longer considered a current customer.  You would lose access to ATX' server for efiling and would no longer have tech support or access to the official forum.  You will still have access to your account to view the installation codes for the prior years' software you purchased and will still be able to prepare a return for paper-filing.

34 minutes ago, Ruthy said:

THE ATX-CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUE

In early February of 2013 I called them with a big problem, during the 2012 debacle.  They could not figure it out and promised a call back with an answer within 48 hours.  I am still waiting for have not received that call.

WOW!!  What provider do you use today? HOw are they treating you? What do you suggest I do?  I am SO disgusted at their treatment. Can you believe how long I have been with them and they won't allow me to have efile authority? Hey - I figure, I paid for it, and I am still within my max tax efile max. I have demanded to chat with executive office and no one seems to really matter. I REALLY miss the way they did business with me before their 2012 issue.. They were SO friendly and had the southern charm.. Now they're just JERKS!

:(

I switched to Drake - enough of us did that we have our own mini-forum that you can see from the home page.

Customer service is astounding, but you won't need it much once you get used to how Drake arranges input.  They'll give you current-year software for free, now that we're past 4/17, and any/all prior years for free as well.  AND they will support those years.

28 minutes ago, Ruthy said:

I am SO disgusted at their treatment. Can you believe how long I have been with them and they won't allow me to have efile authority?

Yes, I believe it because that is part of their standard software license that all users agree to in order to use the product.  Similar handling for tech support - is limited to one year from initial delivery, and again, is fairly standard for the industry.  Below is a page with a link to the current license for 2018 software, and I'm sure it hasn't changed much in the last couple of years:

https://taxna.wolterskluwer.com/legal  

I am also with Drake Software.

What tax software company are you currently with?

Thats interesting. If you pay for a software that allows you to prepare 100 returns with efile access and you've not reached the 100.. This is what you paid for.. It utterly ridiculous to Not allow you to efile just because you did not pay that years program.. Its just a rip off - that it.. Anyway, re: your DRAKE,  how are they? How is there service.. Going back to ATX, they use to allow me to do this and more before they were bought over.. I can't believe that they will lose another client just because of this .. I have another partner that uses slayer and mytax office and they allow you for 3years. 

GO DRAKE!  Undoubtedly the best customer service of any company anywhere, not just tax software.   Phone is usually answered before you hear the first ring.  Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, fast.

The software has a learning curve, so get started with a free demo.  Once you get the hang of it, you will find many shortcuts and features that other software does not have.  

• Like 2

Okay folks - I will soon be switching from Ultra Tax to Drake  (within the month) - so I hope if I ask questions here once I get into using the program I can get some help.

During the month I will be utilizing the webinars and other support to get familiar with it.

I've been with Ultra Tax ever since they bought out Microvision - and have been extremely pleased with the program AND the tech support.  All I've ever used was the tax program - no other program.

However, this year they've outpriced themselves and I don't feel that the increase is worth it.

• Like 2

My journey was somewhat similar to yours (but with an ATX interim added).  I was a Microvision customer until the Ultra Tax buyout.  Stayed with UltraTax for the 2 or 3 years they discounted the software to stay in line with Microvision cost.  But then they jumped the price considerably, so I evaluated Drake and ATX.  I originally went with ATX because the "forms based" product intrigued me, but I gave up many of the features Microvision/Ultra Tax provided.  During the 2012 ATX debacle, I finally took another look at Drake and realized it was actually closer to Microvision/Ultra Tax in terms of its flexibility, features, and efficiency.  

Although ATX worked fine for me until it didn't anymore, I now wish I'd skipped the ATX detour and had gone straight to Drake.  I wasted lots of time with ATX - time that could have been better spent becoming more proficient with Drake and running more efficiently (profitably).  

• Like 2

Is Drake "tax return section based" like Ultra Tax where there is easy switching from input form to actual form view? Now that you mention it I believe Microvision was form based.

Any suggestions, ideas, heads up info I greatly welcome. Thank you in advance to all.

I do intend on viewing their tutorial webinar this week.

Switching between any input screen  and the form view, as well as the reverse, can be accomplished via a mouse click or a single keystroke (whichever you prefer).  Switching back & forth is virtually instantaneous - no delay for calculations to take place. 

As an added plus, Drake is so efficient you don't need a computer capable of launching the space shuttle in order to run it.

• Like 2