ATX Community

The List......

Elrod

Free Doughnut Day....Friday

Dunkin’ Donuts: Customers will get a free donut of their choice with the purchase of any beverage on June 1. The deal applies all day to all participating Dunkin’ Donuts across the country.

Krispy Kreme: The classic doughnut chain is offering customers one free doughnut all day at participating shops in the U.S. and Canada. Hungry doughnut fans can pick any item from the menu for free.

Fractured Prune Doughnuts: Fractured Prune is offering one free OC Sand Doughnut — a glazed doughnut covered in cinnamon sugar — to each customers at all participating locations.

Duck Donuts: All customers will get a free doughnut with any purchase at this chain, based in the eastern part of the country. Receipts for purchases on National Doughnut Day offer a coupon for a free half-dozen doughnuts with the purchase of a half-dozen, good through Aug. 31.

LaMar’s Donuts: The midwest-based chain is offering a golden ticket to customers for free doughnuts — print or show it on your phone to get a treat. The offer excludes specialty doughnuts.

Entenmann’s: Doughnut lovers can enter a contest to win free Entenmann’s donuts for a year. For those in New York City, the company will hand out free doughnuts in Times Square on Friday.

Honey Dew Donuts: Customers can receive a free Coco Loco Donut with the purchase of any medium or larger size drink.

Cumberland Farms: Locations in remodeled Cumberland Farms throughout the Northeast and Florida are offering a free doughnut with the purchase of any coffee or fountain drink from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Tim Hortons: The Canada and U.S.-based coffee chain will offer a free doughnut with the purchase of coffee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see you've put  a lot of work into this Elrod.  Glad to see you are busy in retirement.   Thank you!

BTW, all Cumberland Farm's coffee is 99 cents any size on any day.  My favorite is Guatemalan Highlands or Farm House Bold.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Medlin Software said:

I may dust off my custom cutter and make some, but as an old (long ago, not age!) dough slinger, I only truly enjoy donuts I make... and they have to be hand rolled, cut, and fried, not put through a sheeter or any other automation.

I know just how you feel; I'm real picky about my donuts too.  I insist they have a hole in the middle. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Betcha' y'al think that Donut Day was something dreamt up by Krispy Kreme or some other donut company.

In fact is wan't any food company, or any other business.  It was the Salvation Army who 80 years ago initiated Donut Day in honor of the Doughnut Girls who served treats to our soldiers during WW1.   In case anyone doesn't get the connection, the soldiers of WW1 were called Doughboys, a term that originated during then Mexican-American War of 1846.  

But that;s not all.  There are tax implications as well as some additions to the list. To find out more, here is the article from Forbes,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2018/06/01/free-doughnuts-and-a-side-of-sales-tax-trivia-on-national-doughnut-day/#68d8172f65c7

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2