ATX Community

It's time for a new printer

ILLMAS

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, TAXMAN said:

I am still using my HP4050's. Bought a used on ebay 2 weeks ago for about $60.00. Put a maintance kit in and running fine. I have 5 of these guys. I guess when they give up I will have to move up.

that is the same one I use.  I love it.  It's a work horse, not supper fast but fast enough for me.  I buy toner from several different places.  who ever has a sale.  101inks.com

• Like 1

I'm currently using a Lexmark T644 and have been for the past 5 years.  It's been a true workhorse for me.  With the exception of replacing the toner every couple of years, it just provides printed sheets one after another after another.   It can only be purchased used but there are other Lexmark models that are comparable.  Good luck!

• Like 1

I have 2 Savin 3300d printers that are 8 years old and still going strong. I bought them because Brother printers didn't always do envelopes well and the two employees who have those printers do a lot of envelopes. They were only 279 each. One has the Savin label on it and the other says Ricoh, but they're the exact same printer.

• Like 1

Printers are very inexpensive now. I bought a nice Brother color laser HL3140CW for 169.99 on Amazon. I used it mostly for printing the planner after I made yellow highlights and typed notes in red on the PDF of the tax return.

It's also nice to have a color printer around on occasion.

• Like 3