ATX Community

ATX Letters Seminar Video

Abby Normal

If you switch it to HD, it looks pretty good. Not sure why YouTube was playing it on 480p for me. I'll also need to research why I ended with with a black frame around the video.

I learned a few things making this video. I used Microsoft Expression for the screen capture & audio, and Microsoft Movie Maker to edit out all of my tongue clicks and 'ums' and mistakes and long pauses. I was quite annoying the first time I watched the raw footage!

If you're wondering why ATX seems to work so fast, it's because I cut out the delays when opening the return and when bringing up the print dialog. They don't seem that long until you're watching them in a video!

• Like 3

Here are a couple of my short and sweet letters, if you want to play around with them. I don't add the late payment penalties part of the letter until after 4/15. It's a little tricky getting the estimate portion arranged because each payment must be pasted into ATX separately, and you need to rearrange the 4 lines that are the default in ATX, into 2 lines.

Federal Refund Direct Dep.rtf

Federal Refund Direct Deposit Partially Applied.rtf

Federal Bal Due-Penalties.rtf

• Like 4

When I was encoding the screen capture videos into hi-def wmv files, my computer started overheating. I use SpeedFan to monitor my computer temps and alert me when it's too hot. My CPU normally runs about 45-55C, and the alarm sounds at 60C. The alarm sounded and the CPU temp climbed to 64C, so I turned my AC down to 68F and had to blow a fan on my computer to get the temp down to about 57C.

Maybe I should have a bigger CPU cooler installed.

• Like 4

I wonder if we could have a posting with links to this type of posting for example a pinned post that lists only links to instructional postings: Maybe we should have voting for good postings and when the votes make it to 5, then we added a link to the pinned post of links. I am talking about link and an explanation:

https://www.atxcommunity.com/topic/20902-atx-letters-seminar-video/

Video showing how to add client letters

https://www.atxcommunity.com/topic/20886-can-the-home-office-deduction-be-taken-for-a-second-house/

Answered: Can home office deduction be taken on second house?

Etc.

• Like 4