ATX Community

1040 PostCard

DBerg

1 hour ago, TaxPreparer said:

I feel that it is going to be challenging during tax season just because of the clients who will come in. "Well it is so much simpler now, it's only a postcard we should have our tax fee cut in half." 

We'll just have to explain that they've been lied to. It's not a post card, it's not even post card sized. It's a gimmick that changed a familiar 2 page form into an unfamiliar 8 page form, so your fee will actually be going up.

Be sure to write your congressional rep!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

It's definitely an increase in pages... with a lot of white space. Paper companies are happy.

Maybe the EPA should step in.....or wait, sorry, I lost my head.

But really, is this some kind of a joke?  What will it take, a Million Tax Preparers March on the Capitol to make the fools on the hill realize the foolishness of this re design when it only needed to have some modification.

If I remember correctly it was Forbes idea of a post card sized return but with total simplification of the tax code, at least those two things go together, not what's coming out of Washington now, they're freaking me out.

• Like 2

Instead of complaining, whining, pizzing and moaning, DO something.

Send a message to Washington  -  https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/  - to your congress person, senator, house ways and means committee.

If you belong to NAEA, AICPAA, NFTP, or any other professional group, contact them as well.

Basically, my message was that the proposed 1040 is an exercise in bureaucratic, big gov't waste and inefficiency to create 8 pages out of two, something the President had promised to fix.  If enough voices are heard, maybe someone will listen.

• Like 4

I'm with FDNY; my legis-vermin are all on the wrong side for getting anything useful out of the IRS.  But I'll write to them anyway.

FYI, everyone, the various offices use a very sophisticated method for figuring how people feel about matters:  they *count*.  So, if you call, email, fax, and write, your position gets four slots.  Do it!

• Like 3