ATX Community

Thank you RitaB...what a wonderful day

BulldogTom

Shout out to my girl RitaB for hosting such a wonderful event.   I have considered her a friend online for years, but now she is like a sister.   She put on a fabulous lunch for us all and we just had a marvelous time hanging out.   Love you Rita....you are the best.

In case it does not get mentioned, Possi is the best joke teller of the group.  She does accents and dialects for all her characters.   Abby is not far behind, he is very fun.   Abby is also brilliant and has a wonderful spouse.   Margaret can cook!  Catherine is sharp as a tack and competitive as all get out.   Jack is just like he is online.   Edsel is a soft spoken southern gentleman.  Gail is very sweet and funny. 

The back forty has a lot of flowers in it.   Seems to be well tended and fertilized.

Seriously, the view from Rita's house never gets old.   I just kept walking outside to look out over the back 40.  Beautiful country to look at.

And most important....BulldogTom and Catherine are the undefeated cornhole champions.

Thanks again RitaB for hosting.  

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

And thank you Tom for your great humor and kindness. Tom is also a very fun guy.
And Catherine is fun size, and very fun to be around too.
Everyone was great, really. And it was super cool to meet you all... sorry, y'all.

Personally, I had a blast! And I survived a Rita hug!

Was also pleasantly surprised to find good coffee and sushi in little ole Crossville. And, man are the prices reasonable!

• Like 6

Thank you so much, Rita!  We had wonderful food and fellowship, and I was reminded once again how special a breed most tax professionals are!  I would love to meet more of you, and see those I have met again.  Unfortunately, I am not as brave as Rita to open up my house to an undetermined number of people showing up!

You are the best, Rita!

• Like 6

Sounds like this was a really great time and I am so sorry I missed it. I had to attend to issues with my mother who is in a skilled nursing facility. The last 14 months have been a roller coaster ride. However, I hope I can get meet the folks here at some other gathering. 

• Like 6

I'll be the next to chime in.  Callie and I left before the pictures were taken, but maybe Catherine has more that she will share.  Not that you're missing much with a shot of me.

There were big 'uns and little 'uns.  Smart 'uns and ....                  If anyone wonders what tax people are like, they should have been there.  All of us reasonably engrained in the profession, all of us kinda kooky, and wonderfully human.  It was great to meet everyone and put faces and voices with the membership. 

All of us love Rita - but I will take a minute of readers' time to reflect on something special.  We had the pleasure of meeting her children.  Two sons and a daughter.  Tall, good-looking, cordial, and helpful.  And appreciated here in the south is their God-fearing disposition.  This should speak extra volumes about Rita.  Women are amazing creatures - having to multi-task between professional duties, domestic duties, family duties.  Additionally, most of us know something how difficult it is to raise children - raising great kids just doesn't "happen" all by itself. 

And in Rita's case, there is the small matter of tending to the "back 40."  This doesn't happen by itself either.

Unforgettable gathering, folks.  Those of us in attendance feel closer to each other.  If it happens again somewhere else, I highly recommend it.

• Like 6

It was so wonderful to meet y'all. I don't help much on the board, but I DO learn much! I hope I was able to teach y'all a few life lessons, like maybe stick a $50 bill in your coat pocket before partying, and read the signs before you mouth off to your neighbor across the water... 

Rita has been like a sister to me for many years, even long-distance, and her gift of hospitality is greater than most people I know. The kids helped with whole hearts. How refreshing is that?! I love the whole family. 

So wonderful to meet all y'all. When it's time for another gathering, count me in... as long as Rita's there! 

• Like 4

Awwww, you all are the best!  I enjoyed the day so much, and we were honored to host.  Edsel and Posse, thank you for bragging on the kids!    They and Donna (Posse) did as much as I did to make it happen.

Here's two pictures from May:  First one:  David, Me, Karsyn & Allie, Daniel, and Erin.  Daniel won the marriage lottery when he got Allie.  Best daughter-in-law ever. 

Second picture is Karsyn modeling what you SHOULD wear to Walmart.

Family.jpg.c024836008c6409d7afa16530023f42b.jpgKarsyn.thumb.jpg.5ea177cb7c6a92453e2dfba2f930dabd.jpg

• Like 9

Thank you, thank you, thank you Rita for hosting!  It was SO wonderful to meet everyone and I had a blast.  I do have at least one picture with Edsel once I get it off my camera.  More to say, but of course I came back to about three crises... gotta deal, then I can gush about how marvelous it was.  Those who missed it, missed a real treat.  We need to do this again, for sure.

• Like 5