ATX Community

Drake & Microsoft Updates (Printing Issues)

Terry D EA

Just thought I would let everyone know, that apparently the last update from Microsoft for Win 7 & 10 really screwed some things up. I was not able to print anything from with the software. Drake users need to check their print settings. All of mine all the way back to 2014 were changed. To check the settings, go to setup, printer, print settings. Click on F8, select your printer. Be sure ALL of the printer tray settings are set to automatic. Click update and then save. Once I did this, all of my print functions returned to normal.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Terry. My Drake wasn't specifically affected, but the update did remove my setting telling the computer that the duplex function was installed so it removed that functionality from my print dialog box, and as soon as I saw that I knew what had happened.  I think that Windows updates removing custom settings has been a common complaint for a while now, including some privacy settings, and it makes me wonder what else reverted back to MS' default.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 4:13 PM, cbslee said:

Terry,

Are using Win 7 or Win 10 ?

Sorry it took so long to respond. I am using both Win 7 and 10. I am using a laptop that has Win 7 for my elderly clients that I travel to. Win 10 in the office. Drake on both operating systems were affected.

It seems like every time there is a Microsoft update I lose some functionality! Old software automatically becomes obsolete and printing problems ensue as well.

I have contacted Microsoft and they resolved some of my issues as they are certainly aware of this charade!

• Like 1