ATX Community

Over 35 years in this industry.....

rfassett

and I still get to see something new.  Client received a letter from the IRS that starts off "Dear Taxpayer:  We recently sent you a letter in error thanking you for the information you sent............We had already resolved the issue you on your account..........................."

Heretofore, I had never seen the IRS revoke a thank you!

What IS this world coming to?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I received a similar response from an IRS agent yesterday, I have prepared 941 and 940 from 2008 to 2016 (over the years), as of yesterday the IRS has no record of my client ever filing, they show payments towards 944 for 2016 which we never filed.  Client has always been a 941 filer, I have digital copies of all the years and this stinks for my client.

• Like 2
  • Angry 2

I simply could not help adding to everyone's amazement. A married couple for whom I have worked some 35 years or so received a letter from the Service informing them that their return would be delayed due to some problem or other with the dependent listed on their return. They are both in their eighties and living in an assisted living home !  In the years I have filed for them they have NEVER had a dependent. Another couple for whom I work came in after a little filing hiatus of some FIVE years even though both are and were gainfully employed the entire time. They simply began filing again the year they came in and has never heard a peep from the IRS !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2