ATX Community

IRS eservices wants me to periodically recertify my account

Abby Normal

IRS Logo

You need to recertify your account

For your security, you will need to periodically recertify your account.

The recertification process is:

Fast: Takes about 15 minutes

Secure: Only you will have access to your tax information

Free: There is no charge (Message and data rates may apply to send a security code to your mobile phone)

You will need some information about yourself to register

Please have the following information and materials to complete registration:

• Full Name
  • Email
  • Birthdate
  • Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
  • Tax filing status
  • Current address

Do you have this information available?

Yeah, I think I know all of these.

I am so disgusted with the whole E-services mess. I was verified, then they could not verify me through my cell phone, which is ONLY in my name. I spent hours on the phone with a very nice man on the help desk . He finally gave up and said that he would mail me a new PIN. I never received it and then they sent me a letter saying that I had not verified my license from New York and were going to make my PTIn inactive. I am not in freaking New York! I called and wrote to them and at least my PTIN is OK.  I will try to straighten out E-Services sometime in the next few years.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Max W said:

I have used eservices ever since it started and the password always had to be renewed every six months.    However, if you didn't renew before the deadline, you had to recertify.  Has this changed?

Yes. My password had not yet expired. Also, in past years, it has expired and I just needed to create a new one. All this certification and recertification just started last year.

• 1 month later...

Years ago, while in the Coast Guard, in November, the ship I was Communications Officer of received a 6 month supply of a brand new form for a monthly report to headquarters. In April the following year I ordered a replacement supply of the forms.  The reply from headquarters was "In November we sent you a six months supply of this new form.  Why are you ordering more in April?"

(In essence: 6 months ago we sent you a 6 month supply. Why do you want more?) 

I realize that someone never read what they sent as a reply.

Joel

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

IRS.gov Banner

QuickAlerts for Tax Professionals

August 17, 2018

e-file Resources

QuickAlerts Library

QuickAlerts Article

QuickAlerts Brochure

e-file for Tax Pros

MeF Software Developers

IRS.gov

Refund Information

Other Useful Links

Tax Professionals Home

Forms and Instructions

Stakeholders Partners'
Headliners

Training and
Communication Tools

IMRS

e-Services

Disaster Relief

Internal Revenue Bulletins

Subject:  CP-301B notices for Secure Access Registration

Some CP-301B notices for Secure Access Registration, issued between August 8 – 15, 2018, were issued with an expired Activation Code. The IRS will update the Activation Code expiration date to September 30, 2018, on Tuesday, August 21, 2018.  

If you received one of these notices please complete your online Secure Access registration between August 21, 2018 – September 30, 2018.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for subscribing to QuickAlerts for Tax Professionals, an IRS e-mail service.

If you know someone who might want to subscribe to this mailing list, please forward this message to them so they can subscribe.

This message was distributed automatically. Please Do Not Reply To This Message.

Update your subscriptions, modify your password or email address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your email address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.

This service is provided to you at no charge by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

This email was sent to [email protected] by: Internal Revenue Service (IRS) · Internal Revenue Service · 1111 Constitution Ave. N.W. · Washington DC 20535

GovDelivery logo

track?enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwODE3LjkzODAwNjgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDgxNy45MzgwMDY4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmdHlwZT1vcGVuJnNlcmlhbD0xNzIwMjEzNSZlbWFpbGlkPXJpdGFsZXdpc0Bkb2xsYXJzc2Vuc2UuY29tJnVzZXJpZD1yaXRhbGV3aXNAZG9sbGFyc3NlbnNlLmNvbSZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...