ATX Community

New Form 1040

Paul McClure, CPA

😫😡👎  This proposed new Form 1040 is a joke much like a lot of things that go on in 

Washington and in the media.  Why all of a sudden is the IRS wanting to change a simple form

into a summary postcard that will require a lot of extra schedules in order to file a complete tax

return.  This is especially cumbersome when a client has K-1s from S-Corp. or partnerships, and 

rental income required to be reported on Sched. E.  Next they will be wanting to send refunds via

coupons that can only be used at your local Wal-mart.  It is a joke to continually wanting to change

something that is working and has worked for at least the fifty years that I have been preparing 

taxes.  I am strongly against this new proposed Form 1040 for this year or any year in the future.

It is not a way to cut costs.  It is a way for the nation to have to cut more trees to accommodate the 

extra paperwork that it will necessitate.  BAD IDEA!!

Paul L. McClure, CPA

• Like 7

Every time there's a change in law or forms, I see it as job security. Of course, I'm of the mindset that the IRS should be funding US since we have become the official gatekeepers with all the due diligence rules and threats of fines. 

• Like 7