ATX Community

Open letter to Microsoft about Windows 10 update problems

Abby Normal

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/an-open-letter-to-microsoft-about-poor-windows-10-update-experiences/

I see consultants turning off updates completely as they see that as the only way they can have stable systems  I see Server admins saying that Server 2016 is fine except when you want a system that doesn't reboot.

• Like 2

Very true to both!  Not that we don't appreciate you, Jack - but you've been open with us, therefore we know more about you than perhaps you wanted us to know.  😄

I have also avoided W10 and will continue to do so on my machines for as long as I can.  My practice has always been to delay installing updates until plenty of other people have done so and there have been no sudden screeches about system instability or printer drivers suddenly ceasing to function (always around April 8th, of course).  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Yardley CPA said:

Jack...I think people were saying you were crazy, but it had nothing to do with you not wanting to use WIN 10.  🙂

7 hours ago, Catherine said:

Very true to both!  Not that we don't appreciate you, Jack - but you've been open with us, therefore we know more about you than perhaps you wanted us to know.  😄

adult.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4