ATX Community

1120 with payment due keeps getting rejected

schirallicpa

Form 7004 was filed.  It is a regular calander year C corp with payment due.  Have set up bank info for direct debit.  Have debit date set at 9-30-18.  Have checked that there are not dates in the fiscal date area at top of first page.  Have removed the 7004 and tried again.  Have deleted and re-entered info on the efile form.  I'm not sure exactly what the error means unless it is just not taking money with a return filed after original due date.  Have not tried to efile with paper check option.  

This is a corp that always goes on extension, and I have never had any problems with in the past.

Please advise.

Reject Error Report
Error Title and Description
Number
FPYMT-096 Federal 1120
If the timestamp (in the GTX key or Response to Send Submissions Request) is after the due date ofh te
return (three and one half months after the 'TaxPeriodEndDt' in the Return Header if the month in the
'TaxPeriodEndDt' does not equal June), then the 'RequestedPaymentDt' in the "IRS Payment" [IRS Paynmt]e
must not be later than the date the return was received and must not be prior to five days before th e date
the return was received by the IRS.

15 minutes ago, Tax Prep by Deb said:

paid at the same time they receive the return

I, too, think this is the problem.  I was getting a similar error check message from Drake's program on an individual return where I'd entered a payment withdrawal date a few days after the filing date so there was no actual reject, but the issue sounds the same and the program would not allow the e-flie creation.  The only date acceptable was the same date as e-file submission.

• Like 2