ATX Community

Saved By A Late Filer

FDNY

Same people every year, will keep me busy all weekend.   Some I haven't heard from as they need constant reminders.  So I get into office super early due to workload and go to bang out an email "Hey BabaLou, do you  know what date it is?"    "It's 10/12 and I'm running out of time"  I think to myself it's Columbus Day......Holy Matrimony, it's my anniversary!  Luckily wife had a 7:30 dentist appointment, never saw her.  I ran out to Stop and Shop and picked up a mushy card and beautiful bouquet of red roses with the green and frilly white stuff.  Sitting nicely on the table when she got home.  I'm like a hero now.    Still going to charge the client extra.

Note:  That's not the flowers on the left, could have been when I remembered last year.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, FDNY said:

Same people every year, will keep me busy all weekend.   Some I haven't heard from as they need constant reminders.  So I get into office super early due to workload and go to bang out an email "Hey BabaLou, do you  know what date it is?"    "It's 10/12 and I'm running out of time"  I think to myself it's Columbus Day......Holy Matrimony, it's my anniversary!  Luckily wife had a 7:30 dentist appointment, never saw her.  I ran out to Stop and Shop and picked up a mushy card and beautiful bouquet of red roses with the green and frilly white stuff.  Sitting nicely on the table when she got home.  I'm like a hero now.    Still going to charge the client extra.

Note:  That's not the flowers on the left, could have been when I remembered last year.  

Nice catch and congratulations!  A lucky day for both you and Columbus. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Catherine said:

Here's hoping she doesn't read our forum!  Your secret would be out!

By the way, have we discussed the cost of keeping your secret, here?  😊

We had a saying in the firehouse...."What you say and do here stays here."  But it never did, too many guys got in trouble.  But we're better than that, aren't we?  Please say yes, I'm on a roll here, romantic dinner with expensive wine last night, now I really need to charge those clients extra.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Catherine said:

Absolutely!  But we also TEASE each other.  Mercilessly, sometimes.

We all love you, @FDNY, and would never rat you out.  Charge those clients enough to pay for that wine!

I love all of you too!   I always thought of this forum as a round table where love and trust always prevails, that's why I felt confident in relating the story, and the fact that Laura doesn't know my password.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 5