ATX Community

2016 ATX Admin password not working

For some reason, I cannot seem to log onto my 2016 ATX Max and there is nothing on the screen to reset admin password. I am one man shop so I am both admin and user. Is there a way around for me to reset the password?

Mu username password are working OK in 2017 ATX Max.

I did not renew my ATX Max this year because I have bought Drake. Could that be the reason that they have cut my access off from my 2016 ATX Max?

Thanks for your help.

Naveen Mohan

Yeah, I switched to Drake for 2017 and I can't log into ATX 2016 either.

In the past if you forgot your password, you could get back in by using the same initial code used during installation.

Frankly, I found it much easier to use my free copy of Drake 2016 since my ATX support came to a screeching halt on November 16th, 2017.

No, I do not think this is the case.  I also switched to Drake this year and have not renewed however I am still working in my 2016 program, but I did have to update my password today.  There should be a link right below your sign on that says reset password.  It gave me no warning but logged me out and wouldn't let me back in till I reset the password.

33 minutes ago, Tax Prep by Deb said:

No, I do not think this is the case.  I also switched to Drake this year and have not renewed however I am still working in my 2016 program, but I did have to update my password today.  There should be a link right below your sign on that says reset password.  It gave me no warning but logged me out and wouldn't let me back in till I reset the password.

I am glad that works for you, but the last time I saw the "reset password" message was back in January !

Your locally installed software will still work even if you haven't renewed. You won't be able to efile though.

The reset password for 2016 only shows up after you enter the wrong password 5x. But it's easier to just use your install code.

2017 was the first year the reset password was added to the login screen.

I haven't renewed yet, either and all years still work fine, back to 2008.

• Like 1