ATX Community

941 efile

Pacun

Have you efiled 941s quarterly using the payroll ATX software? I have noticed that you cannot duplicate 941 forms for 2018, so what do you do, keep printed copies?  I was hoping to have 941 FQ, 941 SQ, 941 TQ, and 941 FQ but I am not able to keep multiple forms. It is also asking me for a 4 letter code given by the IRS but my client doesn't have it. Where can I find that code?

This IRS page has a good description of how the name control is assigned with some examples: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/corporations/using-the-correct-name-control-in-e-filing-corporate-tax-returns

It depends on the type of entity filing, how many characters in the name, if there are numbers in it, etc.  Unincorporated individuals use letters of the last name. Be careful with hyphenated names. 

If that isn't enough help, give use the type of entity and I can give a more specific link.

As an example: My corp name is my name, and my name control is JUDY.  If I was unincorporated filing on a Sch C, my name control would be the 1st 4 letters of my last name: LATH.  

1 hour ago, Pacun said:

Have you efiled 941s quarterly using the payroll ATX software? I have noticed that you cannot duplicate 941 forms for 2018, so what do you do, keep printed copies?  I was hoping to have 941 FQ, 941 SQ, 941 TQ, and 941 FQ but I am not able to keep multiple forms. It is also asking me for a 4 letter code given by the IRS but my client doesn't have it. Where can I find that code?

I am still using ATX Payroll Compliance for the first 3 quarters of this year before I switch to Drake.

The ATX PC program's rollover function has a monthly/quarterly selection which works quite well.

Then like Illmas, I name the quarters and clients although I do it so that all the clients for the same quarter are all together:

1Q 2018 ABC

2Q 2018 ABC

3Q 2018 ABC