ATX Community

Well, it's official

Abby Normal

I've signed a sales agreement for my practice. I have high respect for the guy who's buying my business and I'm thrilled that what I started 27 years ago will continue to grow and prosper, and that my employees will have a great new boss and continued employment. (is everyone singing that Who song in their heads right now?)

This coming tax season should be my last full-time one where I work 70 hours and 7 days a week. I still need/want to work part-time for several years to come, perhaps at the wine bar in the town where I live. They've been struggling to find reliable employees who won't steal from them or screw up their inventory.

Excited for the next chapter of my life and for being less stressed. I can't believe it all worked out exactly as I always hoped. I'm not much of a planner but I've always been lucky as can be.

Don't worry. I'm not leaving this forum. You all (y'all) are like family to me!

• Like 17

Congratulations Abby!  I think you're too young to retire, so working in a wine bar which is a dream job of mine, you will still be serving up advice, but these clients may listen.    Getting tax advice from a bartender will have a whole new meaning, how lucky are those customers.

• Like 7

On 11/2/2018 at 4:19 PM, FDNY said:

I think you're too young to retire

I probably am too young to retire and may work part-time for Accountemps or some CPA firm when I finally move far enough away that I don't violate my non-compete. But I only want to work 2-3 days per week with large blocks of time off to travel... before we get too old to enjoy it or even do it.

• Like 7

On 11/5/2018 at 1:53 PM, Abby Normal said:

Thanks! This has made me think about who will be on this forum in 10 years. Young'uns like @RitaB and @Possi will be, but a lot of you are older than I am.

I thought we covered this. I am closer to retirement age than you are! I will not be working in 10 years. But for now, I'm still having too much fun to retire. 

• Like 4