ATX Community

I'm not asking for money...

Eric

...But I wanted to mention that I had removed the Donate tab at the top of the site for a few days while I worked on a new system for collecting donations with an option to support recurring donations (suggested by @Catherine and @JohnH)

The primary goal, though, is to finally be able to associate every donation with the person who made it.  Before I usually had a good guess based on name or email address, but since the whole PayPal process happened outside of the website, there was no  definitive way to make the connection between donation and donor, especially if a check was mailed.  So now, no matter what method of payment is used, as long as you go through the checkout process, the site will create a record of that donation and associate it with your account.  This also allows me the flexibility to add some minor benefits to the accounts of those who donate, like increased file attachment quotas, inbox size, etc, which is more of a gesture of gratitude than something of any actual value.

If the ability to pay with PayPal is requested, I will look into implementing it as an additional payment option.  

Recurring donations can be cancelled at any time from the Donate > Manage Donations page.  Card info can be updated/removed from the Donate > My Details > Cards page.

Please let me know if you find anything confusing about the process or the way things are set up.  

Fine print: This is all PCI compliant. No credit card information is stored on my server.  All transactions are processed by the Stripe payment gateway, and transmitted over an encrypted connection.  I have implemented similar systems for hospitals around Maine--this is all up to industry standards.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4