ATX Community

1099 software

schirallicpa

We are slowing getting out of payroll prep for people.  We use medlin software for payroll, but we use ATX payroll program to do filing.  We also use ATX payroll software to file 1099s.  Am wondering what other software people on this forum might be using for 1099s.  I wish it was just part of the regular package.  We actually end up doing a lot of 1099s for clients, including interest and misc.  And some of those 1099s don't get filed until later in the year when I tell them they needed to file one when I finally get their tax info in mid August.    I wouldn't change from ATX otherwise, but since we are in the long term dropping payroll services, I wondered if it would be a good time to see what else is out there.

:pop:

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, schirallicpa said:

I wish it was just part of the regular package.  We actually end up doing a lot of 1099s for clients, including interest and misc.   I wouldn't change from ATX otherwise, but since we are in the long term dropping payroll services, I wondered if it would be a good time to see what else is out there.

:pop:

According to my sales rep at ATX, Payroll will be integrated in the MAX program this year.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Jack from Ohio said:

I will give you 3 to 1 odds.....

Glad I'm not a betting man because just got an email from ATX with installation codes for both Max and Payroll Compliance,  Payroll platform is safe for now.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 7:30 AM, FDNY said:

Glad I'm not a betting man because just got an email from ATX with installation codes for both Max and Payroll Compliance,  Payroll platform is safe for now.

From the ATX download site....

IMPORTANT: ATX Tax and Payroll Compliance Reporting are separate products, and they should be installed separately. Do NOT download and install the tax program(s) on this page if you have already installed them from a different source like a DVD. Instead, use the 'Program' update icon on the toolbar in Return Manager to obtain the latest updates.

• Like 1

I've  been using "1099Express" for the past several years (after one of my clients exceeded the 250-form threshhold).  It's easy to load data from an excel spreadsheet and the learning curve is fairly smooth  They import from QB and other platforms.  If you run into a problem or question, a pone call usually gets you a knowledgeable person on the line right away - no waiting for a call back.  Trial downloads are free.  They also offer a great TIN matching option at a reasonable cost.  

https://www.1099express.com/1099express/

• Like 3

I've used efile my forms for the last half dozen years.  Info rolls over; easy to efile that *o-o-n-n-e-e* last 1099 your client tells you about last-minute.  It might be cumbersome is we had more than a three or four dozen w2 and 1099 forms.  Then again, I've never looked into uploading to them from an Excel file.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Rep, Will Van Kleef, again told me that the MAX software will have the W2 and 1099 programs rolled into it.   He said I was to use both my install codes when I download the program and I will get all my 1099 and Payroll forms loaded into Max.   He did say wait for about a week before trying to roll over returns from the PR program because they don't have all the forms ready yet.

So, I renewed today.   I will download this weekend and see how it goes.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 2

On 11/20/2018 at 7:17 AM, JohnH said:

I've  been using "1099Express" for the past several years (after one of my clients exceeded the 250-form threshhold).  It's easy to load data from an excel spreadsheet and the learning curve is fairly smooth  They import from QB and other platforms.  If you run into a problem or question, a pone call usually gets you a knowledgeable person on the line right away - no waiting for a call back.  Trial downloads are free.  They also offer a great TIN matching option at a reasonable cost.  

https://www.1099express.com/1099express/

Does it print on plain paper or do you need to buy forms?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Another thing I failed to mention regarding 1099 Express is the reasonableness of their fee for doing the mailing of the 1099 to vendors.  They only charge $1.35 per form, which INCLUDES the 50 cents postage.  So that's a net rate of 85 cents per form to collate, fold, stuff envelopes, etc.  Most prices I've seen are in the range of $3.00 per form and up. That per-form price goes down slightly as volume goes up.

• Like 2