ATX Community

Myatx login

ILLMAS

Didn't have any problem viewing my office, etc.  Like Margaret I am not too happy with login, even though I've checked 'trust this device for 90 days" it still won't recognize.  Also takes 4-5 reCAPTCHAs to get in.    Also trying to make 2 step authorization go to text instead of email, having a little problem changing it.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FDNY said:

Also takes 4-5 reCAPTCHAs to get in.   

I never see the CAPTCHAs when logging in. Your browser might be clearing your cookies and saved logins. The new two-factor login is a new cookie from cchaxcess.com.

I don't find this type of two-factor security very secure. I prefer the ones that text my phone. I will likely turn this off.

• Thanks 1

This morning, in contrast, went swimmingly:  with NO wait my call reached Mario, and we quickly discovered that ATX had an incorrect email address for me.  The hotlink he sent provided the setup download, and away I went . . .
UNTIL the InstallShield asked to install "CCH Browser Search" plugin.  Seeing that it's Google-based, I demur; I exclusively use DuckDuckGo to minimize tracking of my searches.  And it seems as if this is another one of those extra 'suggestions' once foisted upon us by the likes of Java, Adobe, etc. update packages.
Has anyone here researched this plugin's effect on the functionality of the program?  I don't have time right now to do more than hope I haven't compromised 2018 tax prep by refusing it.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, ILLMAS said:

What a strange workaround. This works.

Otherwise, I get the same errors as everyone else on multiple computers and all browsers. Kinda hard when you cannot login to their support site!